Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
dv7-3060us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Solution Center software error when attempting to scan a document using a HP Photosmart Premium C309a All-In-One Printer:  “Unable to create MSXML instance”.  Extended error information: 8,[(8,0,0)].

From your website:  “A required software component was not found or was improperly installed.  Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device, and try scanning again.”

I removed and uninstalled all the HP software from my HP dv7-3060us computer; rebooted; then reinstalled the entire C309a software; rebooted.  Tried scanning a document again using the HP Solution Center software:  same error.

Downloaded and used the HP Print and Scan Doctor software with the C309a printer.  The test scan (to PDF) worked fine.

Something is wrong with the HP Solution Center software.  HELP!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Bigsky44060 , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I see you are experiencing system errors.  I would like to help!

I would recommend running the following to updaes to your system:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

and

MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (Microsoft XML Core Services)

After the updates, I would suggest Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once it is uninstalled, I would suggest putting your system into clean boot mode within the Microsoft configuration.  You can do so by following this document: How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Once the computer is in clean boot mode, I would suggest reinstalling the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I followed the above instructions exactly.  When I installed only the basic drivers I was able to scan using the Windows Fax and Scan app.  But when I installed the HP Solution Center, I again got the message "unable to create MSXML instance".

Have spent more than 6 hours uninstalling, reinstalling ... I give up!  Thank you for trying to help.

HP Recommended

It didn't work.

Here's what I did:

1. Did a repair on Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.2 (ver 4.5.51209)

2. Uninstalled MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser - rebooted

3. Installed MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (ver 4.30.2100.0) - rebooted

4. Uninstalled all the HP 309a Printer software - rebooted

5. Performed a clean boot using msconfig.exe

6. In clean boot mode, installed the HP 309a Printer software suite.

7. Restarted in Normal Mode

8. Error message still occurs when trying to scan a document in HP Solutions Center.

Later, HP Advisor reminded me there is an updated version for HP Support Assistant.

HP Advisor (ver 3.2.8946.3086)

HP Support Assistant (ver 5.1.10.7)

Following the instructions to update; came to an abrupt halt with the following error message:

Error - 1603 Fatal error during installation.  Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

An error occured during the installation: -3

Tried uninstalling HP Support Assistant again with Windows 7 Uninstall; resulting in:

Error 1316  The specified account already exists.

I think there is a conflict between the HP Solutions Center software and the HP Support Assistant software.

HELP ! 

HP Recommended

Solved the last problem with Microsoft's FIX IT software:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Still cannot scan using HP Solution Center; error: "Unable to create MSXML instance"

HP Recommended

I tried all software apps of HP, and all solutions posted.  I can only scan using Windows Fax and Scan but not the HP Solution Center.  Still get the 'unable to create instance' error message.  HP is out of date, apparently cannot keep up with changes that Microsoft makes.

Don't waste your time trying to get back the Solution Center, you'll spend 10+ hours to no avail.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bigsky44060 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

An "HP Escalations Team" is looking into this problem.  They called me today, Thursday, 3-12-2015.  I should know more next week.  When I get a solution, I'll let you know what it is.

Bigsky44060

HP Recommended

Please post the response because I have never been able to solve this problem.  I have tried every proposed solution with no success.  I've given up.

HP Recommended

I ran into this issue with a Photosmart D110 today. What I found was that one of the scanning processes was being denied permission on a specific CLSID registry key. You can track this key down (I don't remember the exact key, and don't have access to the system in question any more) using Process Monitor from SysInternals. Run this utility, then while it is running (it will capture tens to hundreds of thousands of events, don't worry about that), try to scan in Solution Center. After closing the error dialogs that get generated, go back to Process Monitor and stop the capture. Then click the Tools Menu, then Count Occurrences. In the box that comes up, change the drop down to Result, then click Count. You should see ACCESS DENIED in the list, with a number of hits next to it. Double click on that, and the view will be filtered to only show those results. Look for an HP process getting denied on a registry key that has CLSID in the path (May be HKCR\CLSID, or somewhere else). Right click on that, then select Jump To. That will open Regedit at the specified key. You can view what permissions should be by right-clicking on another key near that one (not a subkey of it), and select Permissions. Then, do the same with the problem key, and make permissions match the other key.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.