Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for swift reply, but already tried what you suggest re Colour Management prior to contacting this forum at all.

Tried all the combinations around the problem, nothing seems to work, so I will try Microsoft. As I say, my instinct tells me it is a conflict with Windows 8.1 and this product. Will have to use Paint for now...........thank you.

HP Recommended

I have just checked both HP's official driver download site and wireddrivers.com site and noticed that the driver number for my Officejet Pro 8100 printer has changed!

It was OJ8100_1321.exe................ It is now OJ8100_1321-1.exe.

I downloaded this driver and all is well in my printer world!

I do not know whether it was my question on this forum or my contacting a Microsoft technician, (who was unhelpful and kept asking me to do things that I refused to do as I explained I had already tried), but anyway someone has realised there WAS a software problem in the driver and fixed it.

I will now post this as solved to help anyone else who searches..........Regards Kevin.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.