Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPZ2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there hope you can help.

I have an hpz2100 which is 2 years old recently had a month off so not much going through it.

I have used compatible cartidges on some which were working fine but now the yellow will not print.

I have tried cleaning the shared yellow/magenta head in water and the magenta seems fine, the yellow however

has no life.

Can anyone advise

as below before I pay out lots more money??

A. If I change the yellow cartridge may this work?

B. If the magenta is working can the yellow print head still be damaged?

c. Is there a way of cleanign eithe rthe tubes or the heas to assess which is the problem?

Thanks in advance

JIMG_4960.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Myself have been using Z2100, Z3100, Z3200 & all the time I had trouble with missing colors, printheads were first.

Then sometimes after I replaced with new printheads & still had same errors & took a few tries & finally worked.

Very funny , one time I printed 4 large posters. First one was perfect & I sent rest to print without checking them .

Then customer came & told me that 3 posters were  missing yellow . So I realized my error. After I replaced the yellow/magenta printhead & I reprint the 3 posters.

If temp is cool & should leave printer on & let it do the print maintenance from time to time. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.