Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Some printers from HP do not have a Wireless Setup Wizard built into the front panel for connecting to a network.  These models install to a computer through a USB connection and the software then sends the wireless information across the USB cable to the printer.  However, you may not always have a computer present and still need to connect these printers to a wireless network.  You can use a wireless device, such as an iPad, to do this.  For the example below I have used an iPad and a Deskjet 3510 series printer.

The first step is to make sure your printer is broadcasting a network (Ad-Hoc).  To do this, turn the printer on and press the wireless button or turn wireless off, then on in the Setup menu. Connect the iPad (or other wireless device) to the wireless signal being broadcast by the printer.

Once the iPad is connected to the printer as a network connection, open the Web Browser on the iPad.  Type 192.168.223.1 in the address bar and go to that site.  The printer's status page should load and look similar to the image below.

printerstatuspage3510.jpg

Click on the Network tab at the top of the Status page.  You may get a prompt warning about being redirected to an HTTPS site.  Click Ok on the message box to continue.  When you click OK, you may get a warning regarding the certificate or server identity.  Select the option that lets you continue.  The wording will vary from browser to browser, but there should be an option to continue anyway.

Network status page should now be loaded at this point.  Select Wireless Setup Wizard to start the wireless network setup and click Next.

wireless3510setup.jpg

When next is selected, it should list the available wireless networks.  Select your network from this list and select next.  When the network is selected, it should be highlighted.

Enter the network’s password, if any, and select next.

wirelesspassword3510.jpg

A message should be received indicating the name and if security is enabled.  The message below that should indicate the settings were saved successfully.  If it says the settings were saved successfully with an error, the network setup is more than likely functioning.  Select Ok at the bottom.

wirelesswassucessful3510.jpg

After selecting OK, select Status to verify the printer is connected successfully.  It may take a few minutes for the wireless light on the printer to stop flashing.  Once it is a solid blue, the printer should be on the network and functioning.

connected3510.jpg

Once this is completed, then you will be able to reconnect to your normal wireless signal (Wireless Router) for internet access.  Now both the iPad and printer are on the same Home Network.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hope this helps.

I am not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.