Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I want to print from ipad, iphone etc. wireless enabled and connected. Trying to activate web services, printer asking for proxy my ISP says there is no proxy, help what can i do. I only bought it so i can print from my ipad, the retailer doesnt know how to set up, help please if you can
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is another option available of putting in a custom DNS server. The EWS for this model might differ slightly, but the same general steps apply for all HP printers.

What you want to do is gather the IP address off of the printer, you can do this by pushing the wireless icon on the display and you may have to go to view settings after. Take this ip and put it in the address bar of your web browser as if it were a webpage. From there go to the network tab along the top of that page, then you should have an ipv4 option along the left under wireless (or wired if you are using ethernet). In here you can set a manual IP, and a manual DNS server. Set the DNS server to manual, and put 8.8.8.8 as the primary, and 8.8.4.4 as the secondary.

These steps will have the printer go through googles DNS servers, which does seem to resolve this issue most of the time. The main cause is your ISPs DNS servers may not have the web services servers in their system, so when it goes to connect it times out, and gives you the proxy message.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

There is another option available of putting in a custom DNS server. The EWS for this model might differ slightly, but the same general steps apply for all HP printers.

What you want to do is gather the IP address off of the printer, you can do this by pushing the wireless icon on the display and you may have to go to view settings after. Take this ip and put it in the address bar of your web browser as if it were a webpage. From there go to the network tab along the top of that page, then you should have an ipv4 option along the left under wireless (or wired if you are using ethernet). In here you can set a manual IP, and a manual DNS server. Set the DNS server to manual, and put 8.8.8.8 as the primary, and 8.8.4.4 as the secondary.

These steps will have the printer go through googles DNS servers, which does seem to resolve this issue most of the time. The main cause is your ISPs DNS servers may not have the web services servers in their system, so when it goes to connect it times out, and gives you the proxy message.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
This worked the first time. I was very frustrated with the non-answers on the HP website.
HP Recommended

How do I enable web services on my new deskjet 3055a printer as i am trying to find the printers email address

HP Recommended
Hi tessa59,

To find your printers ePrint email address:

a. Press the ePrint button on the control panel. You will see the web services Settings menu on the printer display.
b. Select Display Email Address from the printer display to view the printer’s email address.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi again tessa59,

Did the information I provided in my previous post help with your issue?

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
I keep trying everything recommended. Nothing works. I have an HP officejet pro 8500A. The wireless icon is on. I can't find an IP address. And there is no eprint, control panel or wireless icon to press. The printer has a digital screen. I want to print from my iPad. I have an apple wireless airport router. Help!
HP Recommended
Can you help me? See below. MGO
HP Recommended

Hi MGO,

I understand that you're having problems getting ePrint setup.  Have you connected your printer to your network?  I would take a look at the link below and the videos provided.  The video walks you through process of setting up ePrint.  Let me know how it goes.

Hp ePrint

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **

HP Recommended
Yes it's connected. I tried both Ethernet and wireless connection. Both connections work and it still asks me for proxy info. What is that?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.