Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS ERROR MESSAGE?  INK SYSTEM FAILURE 0xc19a0035

I HAVE A C6180 ALL IN ONE.               IT DIDN'T RECOGNIZE THE FACT

THAT I HAD REPLACED AN INK CARTRIDGE A MONTH AGO............HP brand, AND NOW AM GETTING THIS MESSAGE.

HAVE RE-SET, CLEANED ALL THE CARTRIDGES, AND SPOKEN WITH HP ON THE PHONE 2 X.   IT WOULD WORK AGAIN FOR A SHORT TIME, THEN ERROR OF INK SYSTEM FAILURE POPS UP AGAIN.  

HP said I need a new one???   It worked fine until this and still does for awhile after resetting it, so can't understand

why I should have to go out and get a new one for this problem .  HOPE someone can help !!    Thanks!

ISN'T THIS ASK THE "EXPERT" DAY FOR HELP??  HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
This same error started occurring on my printer and eventually it would constantly power on and off. Apparently some defective components were used in the construction of the logic board (see photo). On my C6180 there were 3 failed capacitors (the green cylinders - the puffed top indicates failure) and a 4th from the same manufacturer (TEAPO - many unfavorable web references to this manufacturer). I purchased 3x 330uF 16V and 1x 680uF 10v rated to 105 degrees Celsius (total about 60cents). On the logic board, the capacitors I replaced are labeled C613, C614, C660 and C662. If you are not comfortable replacing the parts yourself (or don't have a soldering tool), you will have to find someone who will. The time to repair should be less than 30 min - I did it in 25 min with only a solder pen. This also fixed the ink system failures the printer was having. A similar fix may apply to other printers.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Marshafaye

You've already tried the reset, right? details here

When you say "HP said I need a new one" - do you mean Phone Support told you that you need a new printer? Is your printer out of warranty?

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, have done resets.....now when I get the message I have to unplug, reset and it works for short while. Then the

message pops up again.

HP said I need new printer.   Its internal problem that they "don't have fix for"!! 

Unbelievable

HP Recommended

Hi Marshafaye

Is your printer out of warranty? (you can check the serial no. here )

HP Recommended
This same error started occurring on my printer and eventually it would constantly power on and off. Apparently some defective components were used in the construction of the logic board (see photo). On my C6180 there were 3 failed capacitors (the green cylinders - the puffed top indicates failure) and a 4th from the same manufacturer (TEAPO - many unfavorable web references to this manufacturer). I purchased 3x 330uF 16V and 1x 680uF 10v rated to 105 degrees Celsius (total about 60cents). On the logic board, the capacitors I replaced are labeled C613, C614, C660 and C662. If you are not comfortable replacing the parts yourself (or don't have a soldering tool), you will have to find someone who will. The time to repair should be less than 30 min - I did it in 25 min with only a solder pen. This also fixed the ink system failures the printer was having. A similar fix may apply to other printers.

HP Recommended

Had similar issues with a C7250 printer.  Replaced the capacitors as suggested.  Printer  is now functional.   Radio Shack did not have the exact match for the capacitors so instead of 3x330uF and 1x680uF, the closest Radio shack had was 3x470uF and 1x1000uF.    Even managed to put the printer back together  and not have extra screws when completed.  

The control broad is located on the side with the network/power and flash/usb inserts.    Access to the control board is made by removing the side panel which involves removing some screws on the top and back.  And then carefully prying the side panel off.  From there the control board has 4 to 5 screws holding it in place plus you need to carefully unplug the cables from the board.

If you have this problem, it is not as bad as this sounds!!! replacing the capacitors cost me a bit more the $30 since I had to buy a decent soldering iron.  Still cheaper than purchasing new printer or servicing this printing.

HP Recommended
Same fix worked for me. There was only one bad capacitor.
HP Recommended

I'm having exactly the same problem with my All-in One Photosmart C7200.  Except mine won't print at all.  I get a message Oxc 18a 0001. Ink system failure.  It worked great until I replaced the black cartridge.

HP Recommended

Had the same problem with my C6180 - at first intermittent, then a hard failure (printer kept resetting itself during startup). Replacing one 330 uF and the 680 uF capacitor completely solved the problem. The bad caps are easy to

spot - the tops were bulging upwards. Note that the value of electrolytic capacitors (microfarads) is usually not critical. The local electronic store was out of 680 uF caps so I paralleled a couple of the 330 uF caps to make a substitute. Do buy fresh parts - electrolytic caps degrade with age, so it is not a good idea to use stuff that has been sitting around in a parts bin for years.

One word of caution - the soldering job requires the proper equipment and some experience. I had difficulty with removing the old caps - and I am no beginner. A vacuum desoldering tool would have made a big difference.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback Duncandonut. 

Did you also have an error with 0xc19a0035? I presume your printer was out of warranty?

Thanks

Ciara

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.