Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet CP1025
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi, I've purchased Laserjet CP1025 and I thought that it can be added to the network by connecting the printer to my router (ASUS AC88U) using both windows 10 and mac os 10.12.3 but it was that easy at all 😞

I have tried all possible solutions from ASUS support as well as Apple support, both said that it just need to be connected to the router and LDP protocol to be used with the IP address of the router via usb and then I need to add LPRServer in the Queue box, well it didnt work both with and without.

I have no idea what is the problem and I'm really desperate for help.  

Hope for a solution for mac os 10.12

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ASNK,

A warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding setting up the printer on the wireless network. I will be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

Spectacular troubleshooting, superb description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued Hp customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Does your printer recognize the wireless network?

For a start please try all the prescribes steps in these links.

Link1 for Mac: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-cp1025-color-printer-series/4052955/document/c04...

Link 2 for Windows: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-cp1025-color-printer-series/4052955/document/c03... This should do the trick for you.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Thanks for the swift response. unfortunetly this is not the exact issue I have. The kind of network I would like to setup is:

The printer is linked to ASUS AC88U router via usb (usb out from printer to usb interface in the router).
All the PCs including my mac computer can simply print using the printer as a network printer throught assignted IP address, which all the support feedback topics tend to say that it is your router IP address and in my case 192.168.1.1.

As I have mentioned earlier I've used the LPD method to setup the printer over the network but it didnt work at all. I actually tried two IP addresses one as mentioned above and another 192.168.1.31 because it seems that the router assigned this IP address to the printer automatically again both ways didnt work.

Note: the router recognized the printer correctly.

So the issue is not that the printer is not recognizing the network cause the printer doesn't have the wifi functionallity in place. Thats why I'm trying to setup it/link it to the router to get a network printer.

I hope that above description clarifies the issue a bit better.

Thanks in advance.
Ahmed

HP Recommended

Hi @ASNK, I am the Jeet_singh. It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thank you for replying, I appreciate your time and efforts. As I understand you have checked the settings and still having the connectivity issue. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help to resolve your concern,

Now open a web browser and on the address bar (top left corner) type the IP address and press enter. If the printer and the computer are on the same network, the printer page (Printer EWS) should display.

If the wireless light is solid blue, then the printer is connected to the network. Now follow the steps below and check:

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
  • Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
  • Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Click the “Add button” (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  • Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet, thanks for your mail.

Unfortunately the issue was not solved, because the last two solution I got from you guys is related to printers with wifi capability which is not the case here ( Laserjet CP1025 color has a usb connection only) and therefor the EWB is not working.

In my previous post I have mentioned that the printer is connected directely to the router via usb (the printer does not have  wireless option)  and the router recongnize it. now the question is how to print over the network (wifi network) directely to the printer which is linked to the router.

Thanks again

Ahmed

HP Recommended

Hello, @ASNK

I would like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

Did you run the ASUS printer server utility? Please check the steps mentioned here: https://youtu.be/y8rug_Nknx4

Make sure the router firmware is updated to the latest version before you run the utility.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.