Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Desk Jet 3630
iOS

I just purchased a HP desk jet 3630 AIO printer. I was able to successfuly connect to my computer but I have not been able to connect to my iphone. When I go on to my setting and then try to connect to my printer, it asks for a password. I have net set up a password any where, and cannot seem to get connected. Where do I find that password? Or how do I recover one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's better.  In order to see your printers password you need to print out the Network Configuration page.

To print the wireless network test report and network configuration page

Press the Wireless button ( ) and the Information button ( ) at the same time.

● The wireless network test report shows the diagnostics results for the status of the wireless network,
wireless signal strength, detected networks, and more.

● The network configuration page shows the network status, hostname, network name, and more.

From page 74 of the User guide.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/manuals

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
Do you have a wireless router???
HP Recommended
Yes,and I tried that password. It comes from my iPhone when I try to connect under wifi settings.
HP Recommended
You're going to have to be more forthcoming. Is the printer connected to the router with the routers SSID and password?? What page in the User Guide are you following for installation so I can check?? Status of the blue wireless light on the printer, on, off or blinking? Need more detail.
HP Recommended
The printer is connect to the computer via the usb cable. There is no connection to the router. I am seeing the printer as something I can connect to when going in to my iPhone settings. I did try and push the wireless button and then try to link it. But both ways it requests a password to join the printer. The same way it does when you are joining a wifi with a security code. I don't have a manual that I am using, just what I am seeing on my phone and then when I started the printer, I inttalled it from the directions in the box that came with it.
HP Recommended

That's better.  In order to see your printers password you need to print out the Network Configuration page.

To print the wireless network test report and network configuration page

Press the Wireless button ( ) and the Information button ( ) at the same time.

● The wireless network test report shows the diagnostics results for the status of the wireless network,
wireless signal strength, detected networks, and more.

● The network configuration page shows the network status, hostname, network name, and more.

From page 74 of the User guide.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/manuals

HP Recommended
Thank you! I will give this a try tonight when I get home. If I don't have any luck, I will get back to you.
HP Recommended
Sabertooth04, you have done it! Thank you so much for that solution!
HP Recommended

So I had a similar problem...I tried connecting my mother in laws computer to her new printer wirelessly and had no problems...but when I tried to connect the iPhones to the printer it asked me for a password... I didn’t create a WiFi password for the printer???? Help!

This is occurring through the settings option on the iPhone when you search WiFi devices, as per the hp app instructions for app installation...

HP Recommended

@PJ_44

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I believe it's prompting for the printers Wi-Fi direct password,  the Wi-Fi direct password should be available on the Wi-Fi Direct information report. Let's try these steps:

1.) On your printer control panel, check if the Wi-Fi Direct light and icon are on. If the Wi-Fi Direct light on the printer control panel keeps blinking, press the Wi-Fi Direct button once. The light will stop blinking and stay on.

2.) Press the Information button  to print a report that includes the Wi-Fi Direct name and password. If in case the WiFi Direct settings is set to Automatic, then it require a simple password of 12345678

Refer steps below "Setting up Wi-Fi Direct (Apple iPhone and iPad)" from this document.

You may also use HP Smart App and and HP Auto wireless connect feature to connect the printer to your home wireless network. Here is how to do it:
1.) On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This step will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

2.) Download and install HP Smart App on your iPhone from here.

3.) Open HP Smart App and follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to a wireless network.

Refer to this video for detailed instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.