Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I lost the password for the front panel unfortunately.Is there a way to reset the password?
Thank you very much

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Cpieper93, thanks for the post on teh HP Forums today!

I understand you have  misplaced the password for your LaserJet and can't use it now. Try this.

Laserjet m1536 Nvram Reset.

Note: This sets the printer back to factory settings. You will have to configure the network settings again and will have to setup the phone book again.

Turn off the printer, press & hold the right arrow button and the cancel button (x button) while turning the printer back on, when permanent storage init displays on the screen release the buttons.

If you are unable to fix the problem feel free to contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836.

Look forward to hearing back from you! Let me know how it goes. :generic:

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

need to reset my printer and ask about password and forget it how can i do

HP Recommended

please i need this password urgent as need to do reset i need it quickly as problem in my work any one help me

HP Recommended
Please i need to reset the password please help me to reset the password

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.