Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My hp Envy 5530 is stuck on "scanning alignment page" and will not complete the alignment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello frustrated1963,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Envy 5530 is stuck on now "Scanning alignment Page". I will do my best to assist you! Please try these steps:

1) Please plug this printer into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2)Take out all your ink cartridges

3) Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer (Do not press the power button)

4) Wait 60 seconds or more

5) Plug the power cord back into the printer. Wait for the printer to turn on completely

6) Now, install the ink cartridges. Try to print an alignment page

Please let me know if this page is receiving missing colors. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello frustrated1963,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Envy 5530 is stuck on now "Scanning alignment Page". I will do my best to assist you! Please try these steps:

1) Please plug this printer into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2)Take out all your ink cartridges

3) Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer (Do not press the power button)

4) Wait 60 seconds or more

5) Plug the power cord back into the printer. Wait for the printer to turn on completely

6) Now, install the ink cartridges. Try to print an alignment page

Please let me know if this page is receiving missing colors. Looking forward to hearing from you.

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me.  I had tried for hours to get printer working again after putting Instant Ink cartridges in.

HP Recommended

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution or click the "Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say "Thanks" for helping!

Have a great day! :generic:

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion so I could print an alignment page. But, it did not work. I am back at the same place as before. When I touch the screen on the printer to print an alignment page it just keeps cycling and the screen message says: "Now printing alignment page". And it just stays that way. However, I can still print whatever I want. But, the screen on the printer still remains with the message now printing alignment page.

HP Recommended

Hello AlexB2,

I understand you tried my steps from the previous post and you're receiving the same issue. Do you have this printer plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector? What type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model number.

You can try performing another reset by leaving the printer turned on, then disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer for more than 60 seconds. Once this is complete, try printing an alignment page again to see if this is successful or not.

If you're receiving the same issue, then I would recommend contacting HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

HP Recommended

I tried everything you suggested. Unfortunately nothing seem to help. I think my problem was beyond the norm and could not be fixed with a few simple reset steps.

I contacted HP Tech Support and after two hours on the phone they were able to guide me through resetting my printer and then walked me through reconnecting with HPCONNECTED for my instant ink access.

Thanks for your help. I'm sure most of the time your suggestions would have done the trick.

HP Recommended

The previous suggestion did not work for me. Anything else I can do?

HP Recommended

This did not work for me. Anything else I can try?

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem as all of the others who posted.  Obviously a problem with the printer software.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.