Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Incredible. I had the same problem--right out of the box, carriage won't move. Called HP Support and while waiting (15 minutes) reviewed the forum posts and found this. Unplug from the wall and re-plug. 

This printer makes a lot of funny noises at set up too--

Hopefully all goes well from here on in!

HP Recommended

Well, same/same problem here in the frozen north.  Right outa the box and the cartridge tray was like it was welded to the side.  Tried "resetting" the computer as suggested by the other poster and sure enough, problem solved.

HP Recommended

This is my replacement printer, the first one had other issues, that could not be resolved, so they sent me this one....right out of the box, ink carriage wont move! Have been on the phone with support for over 35min now...thinking I am done with HP

HP Recommended

Same issue carriage stuck right

The inks popped out or printhead  not installed properly

I reached accrossed and popped in back in - tight but it worked

HP Recommended

Had this printer for a week and now suddenly an error that Carriage cannot move !! Really !! One week, and it's toast already !  Will not buy HP again.

HP Recommended

My daughter took out the yellow ink cartridge and before she could find the replacement, the carriage had moved to the left and we could not get it back.  I was afraid to turn the printer off because the screen warned me that turning it off with a cartridge missiong could damage the printer.  I followed above advice and unplugged it from the wall, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in.  The carriage moved over and I was able to install the new cartridge.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

I have tried all of the recommended approaches I have read.  Cleared all paper paths, disconnected and reconnected all power cords and USB.  I still cannot move the carriage from the right hand side and cannot figure out how to access the printhead.  The carriage/printhead will simply not budge

HP Recommended

I brought new hp cartridges for my office g

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.