Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1020
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This is a new problem.  All of a sudden (no upgrades, etc) when I print a PDF it will print the entire document, just 3/4 of the size.  I have to go into the printer properties / Effects Tab and change "Fit to Page'  from 100% of Normal Size to 130% of Normal Size.  I uninstalled the printer. Reinstalled it with latest drivers.  Used HP Support Assistant.  Printer On/Off. PC On/Off.  Nothing 

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Gemini02.

I restored and that fixed it.  Don't know exactly what went wrong, but at least I don't have extra steps before I have to print.

Thanks for everything!

Sorry I didn't Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping and it wouldn't let me do it after I posted, But Thanks again!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @buffalo304,

I see that when you print a PDF, you have to select "Fit to Page', in order to print the full page. I would be happy to help you.

Usually this setting would need to be changed in the application and not the print driver.

Try printing a page from the printer's manual to see if you have the same result. HP LaserJet 1020 User Guide.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it.

What application are you using?

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks . I printed from the manual and same thing.  I downloaded and ran Print and Scan Doctor and it said nothing is wrong.  One day evrything was fine, the next day not so much.  I did not do any upgrades or softwar updates in between.  I'm constantly printing a page here and there from pdf, now this.  I'm running Windows 7.

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

Hi @buffalo304,

You can always restore your computer back to a earlier time when everything was working properly.

System Restore for Windows 7.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks Gemini02.

I restored and that fixed it.  Don't know exactly what went wrong, but at least I don't have extra steps before I have to print.

Thanks for everything!

Sorry I didn't Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping and it wouldn't let me do it after I posted, But Thanks again!

HP Recommended

I have had this saml problem since I upgraded my printer.  Before I could print 2 pages of pdf on a single sheet and it worked perfectly.  Now this same process gives me pages scaled to about 70%.  As I use this feature to print airplane approach plates, it is a REAL pain, and I do not seem to be able to find any work-around.  There seems to be no way within my version of Adobe Reader to expand the size so that it prints appropriately.  Please help!

HP Recommended

Hi @lfbaldwin,

I see that you are having issues printing PDF documents. I can help you, but I will need some more information to provide the proper steps to try and resolve this issue.

What operating system are you using?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

I would run any updates for Adobe to see if it may help.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 8.1, with an HP 7520 photosmart printer.  I updated the drivers (at least, that is what the HP Support Assistant says). I am connected via USB.  My adobe is up to date - I have had this problem since I upgraded to this new printer months ago - I kept hoping an update would resolve the problem for me!

FYI, the OLD driver I used with my old printer (whose model number escapes me.... but was also an all-in-one) had many more options for printing.  This one's "advanced" menu seems pretty micky mouse in comparison.

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @lfbaldwin.

It may be a with a specific file or folder. Please try the steps in this document to see if you have the same result.

HP Printing Products - Cannot Print PDFs from Adobe Reader.

Run any Windows 8 updates on the computer also.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it.

If you are still having issues, I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Please let me know the outcome. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

My HP 7110 will not print a full page through AutoCad LT15 in 11" x 17" landscape format!

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.