cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Calipsok
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

PSC1610 Print cartridge error

HP Recommended

I have refilled genuine HP cartridges in the past (94-Black, 95-Color), and after refilling my color cartridge this latest time, I'm getting an error message "Remove & check color cartridge". I couldn't solve the problem with contact cleanings, so I went and bought a new genuine HP cartridge and got the same message. I contacted HP tech support which had me go through printer tests which forced it to print a report on cartridge statistics. The color cartridge (and black) printed fine in the report, but once the report finished the error mesage came back on the display. The report indicates proper ink levels, but the HP Director software indictaes empty cartridges. Somewhere along the line the printer is telling the computer software that the cartridge is no good.

I've uninstalled the software and reinstalled, and now I am attempting to install the latest drivers directly from HP's site hoping that might be the fix.

If not, is there any way to force a "hard" reset of the printer so it will recognize good cartridges?

5 REPLIES 5
Estensen
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How did you resolve tis problem? email [Personal Information Removed]

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Charles001
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,987 220 362
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
disconnect the device from a PC, are you able to make copies? Does the LCD screen on the All-in-one display the the same message?
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
mujju
Level 2
22 22 0 9
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I belive that  you are using New genuine HP cartridges but still getting "Remove and check color cartridge"

1)  Please go this link :   http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=390315&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

2) Select your operating system

3) In Update Section download the patch "Resolves certain print cartridge rejection and scanner failure error messages" and follow the instruction 

Hope this should resolve the problem. If the issue is fixed please mark is as fixed

robbiestewart89
Level 1
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Calipsok wrote:

If not, is there any way to force a "hard" reset of the printer so it will recognize good cartridges?

Yes there is:

I was having the same issues with my printer and like you, I went out and purchased two new cartridges and then after googling, I found this posting, which I tested on my printer

I have discovered how to perform a full reset of the HP PSC 1610, which clears all the internal memory, thereby fixing the "remove and check right cartridge" problem.

To perform a full reset of the HP PSC 1610:
1. Unplug the power cord.
2. Press and hold the OK and CANCEL buttons on the front panel keypad.
3. While still holding the buttons, plug the power cord back in. Continue to hold the buttons for two seconds, and then release them.
4. After a few seconds, the screen will display the message “Deriv Clear” confirming that the reset is done.

Article Source:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/53647-3-1610-error

aimeeee
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I performed the reset and now the printer does not show English anymore. It seems to be showing message in Spanish.

And some error (maybe "remove and check right cartridge") is showing. What to do now?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation