Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just replaced the black ink cartridge on my computer and now everything it prints is in blue scale.  I try printing in color and I try printing in black and white but it only prints in gray scale now.  How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @steve126!

Thanks for reaching out!

I'd like to help out with you're colour out issue!

Do you have the same issue making a copy as opposed to a print? Does this occur from multiple programs or specific ones?

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

It seems to do it on all types of print jobs.  The first several documents I tried printing were .PDFs and I just tried a Word Document and that came out looking rather blue too.  The copy function doesn't work so I can't comment on that aspect.

HP Recommended

Hi steve126, 

I saw your post, and I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps in this guide, Fixing Poor Print Quality Problems, and let me know what happens! 

If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post is helpful! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

None of the comments really apply to this condition.  The only thing that may be helpful in diagnosing what is wrong is "Test Pattern 2" from the Print Quality Report feature on the printer.  Rather than printing Cyan/Magenta/Yellow it prints Cyan/Purple/Green.  The black and white blocks print out just fine.

HP Recommended

Hi steve126, 

Thank you for your response! 

If the print quality report is printing Cyan/Purple/Green instead of Cyan/Magenta/Yellow. This tells me the issue could either be with the ink cartridges, or the printhead. 

You might need to clean the printhead several times to restore print quality.

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow () to display more options.

3. Touch Setup (), and then touch Tools. The Tools Menu displays.

4. Touch Clean Printhead.

5. Wait while the printer completes the printhead cleaning process, and then touch OK.

NOTE:

You might have to clean the printhead several times to correct the issue.

6. Print another Print Quality Diagnostic Page to see if the issue is resolved.

If this does not resolve the issue, contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.