Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Problem: Can not scan using the HP solution center

Keywords: "Scan Error" , "HP Solution Center", "win 7", "Officejet 7500 Series"

Officejet Pro L7590 wired connected to a home network.

Working fine (full installation package) on a win XP Desktop (32bit).

Problems on Win 7 (64bit) Laptop after full installation of SW version 14, full driver package (from HP site).

Problem description:

The installer (on my Win 7, 64bit) prints out that installation ended successfully, but, I've noticed a background popup Error-window which appeared close to the end of the installation. The same error will popup every now an then and every time I press the scan buttons on the solution center).

The device prints fine but can not scan using the HP Solution Center (which used to be very convenient for me), as I mentioned: every time Scan is pressed this error window appears.

HP Error.jpg

Few relevant points:

• Older SW versions (I could not remember which) used to work on this laptop.
  • Not to mention that I've tried many re-installations and cleanups (level-4 cleanup provided by the scrubber app)
  • I've also installed the update you have on your site to solve some network problems and seems irrelevant to this issue - not surprisingly it didn't help.
  • The registry on the win 7 laptop looks different than the one on the XP desktop, e.g. the: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Hewlett-Packard -> Digital Imaging” folder does not exist!
  • When I run the "HP Scan Diagnostic utility" it fails under:
    “Driver” test and prints: “The Scan driver is missing or corrupt…” and asks for re-installation (which I did several times – with no help)
    It fail (yellow exclamation mark) also under "HP Twain scan", "HP scan flow manager" and "Front panel". BTW for the "Twain scan" test it says that the Twain component is not functioning correctly because the product is being used by another process...
    All the other tests passed.

I wouldn’t bother writing such a detailed message but I understand that many folks are suffering from the same issues on different printer devices. Most have win 7 and most start suffering from these issues after you last or previous SW upgrade.

Please HP feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I managed to fix this, and the issue was with the installation of the bpd_scan component.  For some reason, windows thought it was already installed.  I think this may have been a conflict with DivX at the time.  However, this is how I corrected it.

First of all, I downloaded the Microsoft MSI Cleanup Utility (called msicuu2.exe), and saved the file locally.  Then I browsed to that file, right-clicked on it and selected "run as administrator" and installed the tool.  I then ran the "Windows Install Clean Up" application which had just been installed, and it gave me a list of programs it thought were installed.  I located "bdp_scan" in the list and clicked "Remove" in order to remove the entry.

Then, I went to %temp% and picked one of the 7z folderw, and browsed to setup\bdp_scan.  I right clicked on bdp_scan.msi and selected install and did not get an error message (NOTE: this is a test, if you do not have a folder such as this, you can simply go on to the next step).

I then uninstalled all of the HP software, and did a full re-install.  This time there were no error messages during the install and the scanner is working succesfully.

I really hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Stephen.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Have you been through this?: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02468684

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Yes, I've been through this set of solutions.

Please tell me how am I supposed to make sure that the ML driver HPZPML is running... ? Is that a joke?

BTW thanks for advising me to use other applications like windows paint to interact with the printer. I wouldn't be surprised if the next suggestion would be to write my own application!

HP Recommended

Have you tried the Scan Diagnostics?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=oj-96506-1

Try this and tell us what happened.

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Dear JonW

Can I ask you kindly, next time before you waste the globe resources, please READ the message. In the 5'th I wrote:

When I run the "HP Scan Diagnostic utility" it fails under ...(please read the 5'th bullet in the original message)

I'm really getting the feeling that you guys are just wasting time, pretending to give support. The truth is that you are clueless or maybe an automatic answering algorithm. if not, please consider, random answers may do the job better.

I wonder what the next advice from HP will be, maybe they will suggest rebooting and then "tell us what happened?".

If this is not the case with you dear JonW, I apologize.

HP Recommended

OK, you can try a reboot and tell us what happens but that is not going to be very useful.

Firstly, uninstall all the software related with your device, I would recommend using the level 3 or 4 unistall that are batch files found in the CCC directory of your original install (probably in a folder starting 7Z in the %temp% folder).

Then after the software has been uninstalled, use a tool to remove the device driver from the driver store, this can be done with pnputil from a cmd prompt but I like GUI interfaces so have a look at something like DriverStore Explorer.  AFter you have removed the OEM inf file for the scanner, then I would suggest plugging in the AIO using a USB Cable (Your AIO has INOS drivers) so it should then find the drivers for the Scanner and the printer. 

After you have the scanner and printer installed I would test them with a test print and a scann from Aquire image in MSPaint.

If this all works fine then I would suggest installing the software from the web download and alll should be ok.

I hope this helps more than last time.

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Dear JonW

I've tried Level-4 cleanup (read my original message) - it didn't help (still getting the error)

I've installed the D thing more then 10 times tried all the options, even manually cleaned the registry - Did not help.

But ,I've found an original solution to the problem, it cost me around $200 and a trip to office depot. It's a new Cannon all-in-one device that installs and works with no problems.

I've learned my lesson: No more HP printers! At least until you, HP engineers,  go to school and learn how to write Software!!!

Thank you HP, at least for the lesson.

P.S. There is one person you can learn from his legacy all about how a Consumer Electronics product should look and feel like, shame that he just died...

HP Recommended

same problem here, same error message.  mine is an E709n running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional.  I've seen a ton of postings but so far no easy fix.

HP Recommended

Just throw the d thing to the bin! I suggest anyone who is reading this message: Do not come close to HP printers!

It doesn't work. They have piles of mega bytes of worthless full of bugs software that will just waste your time (installing and re-installing) and won't deliver.

The only thing we can do as customers is punish HP at the counters!!!

HP Recommended

Same problem here with the new version. Sure glad I found this post, after spending 4 hours trying to fix this thing. Now I know I can't. Thanks HP .... NOT.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.