Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to add a HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP m276nw as an ePrint device.  I've successfully updated the printer firmware.  When I enable the web services the Print Information Sheet button appears, but nothing prints when I click it and I'm unable to obtain a claim code.

I'm stuck.  I'm not sure where to go from here...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have successfully enable web services, you have a couple of options:

1. use your IP address, input it into your web browser and browse to the embedded web page. Go to the web services tab and find the email address assigned to your printer. It should be something like xxxxxxxx@hpeprint.com. The printer code will be everything before the @ sign.

2. Go to your control panel. Click on the web services icon (icon on the far left). Click on display email addres. Printer code will be everything before the @ sign.

3. Print a configuration page. Tools icon - reports - config page. In the right column, locate HP Web Service (bottom right) - printer email address - printer code will be everything before the @ sign.

Use the xxxxxx before the @ sign for the printer code to register the printer at HP Connected.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If you have successfully enable web services, you have a couple of options:

1. use your IP address, input it into your web browser and browse to the embedded web page. Go to the web services tab and find the email address assigned to your printer. It should be something like xxxxxxxx@hpeprint.com. The printer code will be everything before the @ sign.

2. Go to your control panel. Click on the web services icon (icon on the far left). Click on display email addres. Printer code will be everything before the @ sign.

3. Print a configuration page. Tools icon - reports - config page. In the right column, locate HP Web Service (bottom right) - printer email address - printer code will be everything before the @ sign.

Use the xxxxxx before the @ sign for the printer code to register the printer at HP Connected.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Step1:  I was able to obtain the email address assigned to my printer.  Thank you.

Step2:  When I click on my computer's Control Panel,  I don't have a Web Services icon anywhere.   Therefore I'm unable to follow any of the remaining steps of your instructions.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I realize my mistake...you meant my printer's control panel.  I was able to print a configuration report and find the printer's email address under the HP Web Services heading.  However,  when I enter the xxxxxx before the @ sign in the claim code box I get a message the the claim code is invalid.   It doesn't add the device to my hp connected account.

What am I doing wrong?

HP Recommended

The claim code is only good for a finate period of time. If it won't accept the code, then just disable web services and re-enable, then use any of the methods previous describe if the information does not print out.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Unable to  get a Claim Code

HP Recommended

Hi baraki. What is the model number of your printer?

<How Do I Find My Printer Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bud09626

<Getting Started With Eprint>:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2585903

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My Printer: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw

Bought a week ago.

I've updated Firmware and Software.

The Web Services Information sheet does not print.

You solution (taking the left side of the email address) does not work - rejected as invalide code.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks and cheers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.