Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I show the SSID on my CP 1525 printer?

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem as this person.  I have a new D-link router and I have tried every method in the manual, 2 different laptops, and any other suggestions I could find. I have moved it close to the router.  NOTHING is working to connect my printer to the wifi.  HP, what is the fix for this?  I really do not want to buy another printer given that I have new printer cartridges.  It is a very frustrating problem.  The only way I can print now is with the USB cable connected to my computer. 

HP Recommended

We have been dealing with the same problem.  After changing routers, we could not connect the printer to the new wireless connection.  This printer would not recognize the WPS signal on the new router. Below are steps used to solve this problem:

1. Connect the printer to your router using an ethernet cable.  Wait about 30 seconds to a minute for a connection.

2.  In the LCD of the printer, you will find an IP address.  Enter that IP address into your browser and press enter.  At this point, you will see a web-based Admin panel for your printer.  Its pretty user friendly too. 

3.  Select the “Networking” tab from the top menu.

4.  Select “Wireless Configuration” from the menu on the left.  A wireless menu box will open

5.  In the Status box, select "ON"

6.  In the "Configuration Method" box select “Join an existing network”

7.  In the "Network Name  [SSID]" box, locate and select your wireless network

8.  In the "Authentication" box, input your network password

9.  Click on the "Apply" button 

10.   To confirm that your printer is connected to your wi-fi network, select the "Network Summary" tab on the left menu bar.  Scroll down the page to view the "Wireless Network Configuration."  In this box, your status should be "Connected", "Wireless" should be "On" and your wireless network name SSID should also appear.

Congratulations, your printer should now be connected to your wi-fi.   To activate your connection, disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer.  The wireless connection WILL NOT activate and will not work unless the ethernet cable is disconnected from the printer.

HP Recommended

why couldn't someone from HP suggest this?  It seems like the right approach.  I have problems with this printer dropping off the network every few months and it always seems like there are too many drivers to choose from.  after trying each a few times it eventually worked.  but this time ..not happening.  I signed up for FIOS and got a new router with a new network ID..  maybe i should rename the network back to the old name too.  I am anxious to try this when i get home.  Thank you for a thorough walkthrough of the steps.

HP Recommended

How do I do this? Comcast recently gave us a new modem/router and since then I cannot print. I cannot connct the printer to the new modem. Any advice?

HP Recommended

How do you broadcast the SSID?  Also, when I do a Wireless Network Test Report it tells me that the Network Name (SSIS) is not found, but then below under Configuration Summary it lists the Network Name.  I'm confused.

HP Recommended

@WellAdvised wrote:

How do you broadcast the SSID?  Also, when I do a Wireless Network Test Report it tells me that the Network Name (SSIS) is not found, but then below under Configuration Summary it lists the Network Name.  I'm confused.

You must enable SSID broadcasting with your router. 

HP Recommended

This totally worked! I have been trying everything for over a year - ever since we got a new router - nothing. We even paid a techie who spent over 3 hours trying to get the printer to connect and spent many hours on the phone with HP support to no avail. I had already tried the steps you described here many times, with the only difference this time being that I wasn't aware of step 10 "To confirm that your printer is connected to your wi-fi network, select the "Network Summary" tab on the left menu bar.  Scroll down the page to view the "Wireless Network Configuration."  In this box, your status should be "Connected", "Wireless" should be "On" and your wireless network name SSID should also appear." 

Now I realise the problem. The original IP address you type into the browser to perform steps 1-10,  might change after you apply the settings.

So for example, if you typed 192.134.0.1 to access your printer configuration page initially, when you get to the part where you activate your connection by disconnecting the ethernet cable from your printer, check the printer IP address to make sure it's the same as the one you started out with. Every time I did these steps previously, I would refresh the browser and it would fail to connect to the printer and that's because the printer got itself a slightly different IP address (and of course I assumed the connection had failed and started all over again inevitably going around in circles!)

This time around I noticed the IP address had changed for example from 192.134.0.1 to 192.134.0.2

Thank you so much ShakaSolutions. This issue was driving me nuts! Just goes to show that sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference. 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.