Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, can't get the install to work I'm afraid, and I've tried both the English and French versions...I get the same error message from both "InstallShield engine has stopped working".

Guess it's off to the landfill after all.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI,

The pc is running with W10 and French driver (sj652) without any problem.

Bye

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps it WILL work on W10, but I'm happy for the time being on W7! Have tried for about two days now to get this to work, both from trying the French package you suggested and the article here http://www.digitalrise.biz/hardware/how-to-configure-an-hp-scanjet-3400c-for-use-in-windows-7/ - but no joy. If you want another scanner for use as a spare, please shout and I'll post it to France for you! If not, it's off to the landfill; if I keep it here I'll keep wasting more time on it, and you can get a decent Canon scanner for €70 or so...

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm probably lucky with tis scanner as it was working also with Vista and W7.

Probably there is some differences with the french windows and the windows you installed.

Thank you to propose it as a spare but I don't need it.

Bye

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.