cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tmohre
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

adding hp psc 2410 printer to windows 7

HP Recommended

i am having trouble adding hp psc 2410 photosmart printer to my dell mini with windows 7

7 REPLIES 7
Albert-O
6 6 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you install the Windows 7 driver for your printer?

The following link give instructions regarding installing your printer with Windows 7:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879

I this doesn't help, please give more information on your process and at what point if fails.

* Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
* Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

* Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. *
HP does not assume any responsibility or liability for the advice given.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Nicksterx
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a solution to the problem! It only allows you to print though!

Go to Start -> Devices and Printers -> Click "Add a Printer" -> "Add Local Printer" -> Select Use an Existing Port and Select USB001 (Virtual Port for USB) -> Click Next -> When it ask you to install a printer driver Select HP from the Manufacturer and Select HP psc 1600 series -> Click Next -> I just left the default printer name -> I chose not to Share the printer -> Print the Test Page! You're Done!

I don't know why they made this so hard! Please release a real driver for Windows 7 HP!!

gravy
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That link is dead.

HOW do I use the HP PSC 2410 PHOTOSMART fax/scanner/printer with Windows 7 ?

One thread somewhere suggested to download some driver (I think) from within the printer software.

Well that's not going to work because I cant install from the disk because the software on the disk rejects the install process.

HELP.

DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,475 304 1,050
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ideally, you just need to connect the USB cable, and then run Windows Update. It'll find the 2410 drivers and install them. The printer will now show under Devices and Printers. You should be able to print and scan now. To scan, right click on the printer icon and select 'Start Scan'.

Unfortunately, HP will not release full software and drivers for Win 7 for this printer as it is a very old printer.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
NNVA
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Most, if not all, of the hp psc 2410 functionality (fax/printer/scanner/copier) is built in to workarounds in Windows 7.  A tutorial can be found at:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879

There are a few more steps involved, and it is not as convenient as HP Dr. software, but it works.  For example, I just scanned a document and saved the file (as a .jpg) on my computer.

HPRaptor
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 2400 won't print or can't see driver in windows 7?

-----

Figured this out today.

Control Panel

under search put "windows update"

Last in the list is "Devices and Printers"

under that  " Change device installation settings"

Choose "Install driver software from Windows update if it is not found on my computer."

Save changes.

----------

Go back to add a printer.

Get to the screen that gives the list of printers on the right with printer manufacturers listed on the left.

You will not find PSC 2400 there.

Click on windows update button.

List will refresh...

At the bottom of the list you will find PSC 2400 listed.

-> Do a little dance & Voila!

amay27
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please help! I am a teacher and with my recently purchased Gateway computer, I am having trouble with the hp printer. It will not print.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation