Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks - but I just went to the site and it only shows the Firmware version 20120901...

HP Recommended

April Fools Day still a few weeks away (jmalgieri). I've been waiting for weeks for a firmware update to resolve this.

HP Recommended

@jmalgieri wrote:

I went to the page and downloaded the new firmware dated 1-22-13.  It is actually the older firmware and after installing it, the problem has resolved itself. I will await the new update but at least I can use it for now.

It appears as though this update is OSX only currently. Perhaps because most airprint users also use a Mac. If you have access to a mac just to do this update i would recommend it if you need a temporary fix until the proper update is out.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I do apologize.  I am in fact using a mac and that is where it worked.  Sorry for the misleading information.

HP Recommended

I don't understand the rush to update OSX when all the users are complaining about printing from iphones/ipads and the firmware states an incompatibility with iOS 6

HP Recommended

Just as an update, I am still keeping an eye on this issue. The information that was provided by jmalgieri is very useful (at least for the Mac users) and I will be sure to bring that up with the engineering team. 

I want to thank you all for your patience on this issue and as soon as there is solution I will be sure to respond with it here as well as messaging each of you individually with that information. 

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Good news for all,

There is a new firmware update released just now for the m1217 series that resolves the airprint issue you are all seeing. It is also available for windows, not just OSX. This is also a NEW version of firmware, not the downgrade workaround that was available on osx only.

Thank you all for your patience on this issue and the help from AlwaysNeon in looking in to this issue.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Awesome!! I will try it out tonight when I get homen from work! Thanks!!!

HP Recommended
Alléluia! At last! It works! BRAVO! Good work
thanks! I won't have to buy a new printer 🙂
HP Recommended
New firmware came out today! It works! Bravo!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.