Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3050a j611a

l am an absolute novice with printers and computers, if anyone can help could you put it in very basic answers. thankyou.

My printer as given up printing anything, l have tried so hard to sort it myself but the only thing l could find was a notice about web services stop working on certain hp printers, mine was listed but l do not know what this means. Does it mean my printer is now no good and l need to get another. Thanks in advance if you have the answer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The web services no longer working any longer means certain features related to sending your printer things through email will not work.  It should not affect normal printing from your computer. According to the document here the following are affected: 

As of September 1, 2016, the following features are no longer available.
  • eFax
  • HP ePrint
  • HP Printables and Printer Apps
  • Scan to email, Scan to cloud, other web-based scan services

At this point I would not worry about the web services, let's first verify your printer is working correctly and that it can communicate with your computer directly.

In the following steps the bold blue items are links to documents.  Clicking on these will open the document in a new tab on your computer, you should be able to select between a number of open tabs.  I would suggest going through the steps below in order.

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB or Wireless LAN? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

If there are no error messages on the printer screen can you make a color or black and white copy as shown in the document here?

If you are using a recent version of Windows then the troubleshooting steps in the document here may help.

Please let me know more details of the issue, we should be able to work through this.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thankyou for your reply, my operating system is windows 7,it came up with an x on driver check, driver conflict detected.Then unfortunately l lost it on screen and now l cannot get it back on screen. Is this any help.  Thankyou 

HP Recommended

If the HP Print and Scan Doctor is still running but hidden you can bring it to the front by holding the Alt key down and then pressing the Tab key to cycle through the running programs.

If the program cannot be found you can download the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools.  Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Since the diagnostic indicated there is an issue with the driver you may also want to download the driver directly. You can download the driver from HP here.  Save the file to your computer.  Once the download ahs completed right click on the downloaded file, select "Show in folder". then click on the driver to run the file.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your email, l have tried to do what you said, and it said l had installed it and now your printer is ready to print, but it still does not print. l understand if you cannot help me anymore but l just do not know what to do next.  lf you can suggest anything l would be grateful. Many thanks for your patience.

Sarah

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance in trying to fix the situation. Perhaps l need a new printer. Many thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.