Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Page not printing properly. Comes out offset to right and only 2/3s of original page printed. This only happens when requesting print from computer. Copy funtion okay. This is on HP Deskjet 3512. Tried other methods to correct without reults.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
That is fantastic to hear! I am glad you are back up and running, and if you ever have any further questions or issues I hope that you remember the experience you had here on the forums and know that me and my colleagues are here almost 24-7 to help support you and your needs. 

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!

-Spencer

PS - Would you share with the community what eventually resolved your issue? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sounds like you are having some issues with print formatting. First, can you check the inside of the machine for loose paper or other debris which might interfere with the print carriage? Secondly, can you tell me if the printer reacts the same way for basic prints outside of the computer (copies or test prints)?

Outside of that we can try removing and reinstalling the software : 

If you use a USB cord, make sure to remove it (this is important). Do not plug it back in until the software directs you to. Then go through the Devices and Printers, Programs and Features and Device Manager folders and insure that all copies, files, and programs related to the printer are removed. Then as directed, restart the computer. 

In the START menu type "%temp%" and press ENTER. Here I want you to press Ctrl+A and hit DELETE. Some of the files will not allow you to delete them, skip those files and delete the majority that allows it. 

find and install the FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE if it is available :

Install that and let me know the result! 

Have a great day!

-Spencer

PS if you are stateside have a fantastic 4th of July, and if not I will be back to assist you or anyone else on Friday. Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Problem is solved. Eventually had to contact HP direct and printing issues resolved.

HP Recommended
That is fantastic to hear! I am glad you are back up and running, and if you ever have any further questions or issues I hope that you remember the experience you had here on the forums and know that me and my colleagues are here almost 24-7 to help support you and your needs. 

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!

-Spencer

PS - Would you share with the community what eventually resolved your issue? 
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having this same issue. Did you ever find out what resolved this issue or could you help me to resolve it?

For more clarification, it is the same issue, different printer. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All in one printer.

HP Recommended

Have not found an answer to this issue as yet. Am working with IBM people to see if it may be my laptop computer .

HP Recommended

copying outside of the computer, just making copies, works fine

print request of computer page is offset to right 2/3's

thanks for helping resolve this

chaz2727

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.