Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Print

Is it possible to scan slides and negatives using the HP Envy 4520 all in one printer

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @borrowwash,

The HP Forums is a great place to find answers to questions/issues you may have, welcome! I see you would like to scan slides and negatives with your HP Envy 4502.

After taking a look at the Product Specifications this is not a capability of your Envy 4502.

I was able to find a few other documents on petapixel.com which show possible ways of doing this without the transparent media holder. Not sure of the quality or if it would work, but it's worth a try. Get started below:

How to Scan Film Using Your Ordinary Flatbed Scanner

&

How to Scan Film Using Your Phone or Tablet Computer

I hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the "Thumbs up" below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I've just looked at the printer again and it;s actually an HP Photosmart 4580 all in one.  Would it be posible to scan negatives and slides on that model? 

If not, can you recommend  a model that would scan slides and negatives?

Many thanks

Borrowash

HP Recommended

@borrowash,

Thank you for the quick reply. Ok, the HP Photosmart C4580 does have the ability to scan negatives and slides.

You can get started here: Loading and Scanning Negatives and Slides

I hope this helps!!

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the "Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below! 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks again for the prompt response.  I had a look at the link you gave me, but all the priners listed seem to be no longer available.  So, am I right in thinking that there are no printers now sold capable of scanning slides and negatives?  I know you work for HP, but are there any priners made by others (Epson etc.) that would do the job?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Borrowash

HP Recommended

@borrowash,

If you have the PS C4580, then you should have all that you need to do the job. 

Also the links in the first message I sent you, give you ways of using a regular scanner to scan the negatives.

I would suggest using Google and searching for printers that have the capability. 

Thanks again for getting back to me! You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.