cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rampoint
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

the word "draft" prints on all documents from the laserjet pro 400 m401dn printer

HP Recommended

How do I get the word "Draft" from printing on all my documents? My brand new Hp LAserJet Pro 400 M401dn is hooked up to my Mac via UBS...if that matters.

8 REPLIES 8
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,549 32,129 5,522 12,975
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
Follow the steps below in order to disable the configured Watermark:

1. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model (Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6) or the Show Details button ( Mac OS X v10.7 or 10.8) to see all available settings.

2. To access the print settings click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

3. Select Watermarks.

4. Uncheck the box next to Watermark to disable it.

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rampoint
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response but I don't have watermarks as an option...what now? Any other ideas?

rampoint
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK I did locate the watermark option but it was already in the off position...???

angewatkins
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem also!

mmlamb2
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem and have turned watermarks off and on and back off several times and still have the same problem. I have a laserjet pro 400 m451dn printer. I have uninstalled and reinistalled the printer twice as well. Any other suggestions? 

artsyrunner
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  The word "DRAFT" printed on pages from all applications within Mac OS X 10.5.8.  The printer at school was an HP LaserJet 500 Color M551, which is very similar to the LaserJet Pro 400 m401dn in this thread.  "DRAFT," in outline letters, printed on MS Word documents (Mac Office 2008), PDF documents, and TextEdit documents.  Some people mentioned that there was a software driver update or HP Printer Utility update with Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6, that fixed this issue.  However, no such updates were available for 10.5.8.  (I wondered if the user's home HP printer driver, HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One Printer A909a, might have caused a conflict with the HP 500 M551 somehow.)  I searched forums online.  In the end, I added a printer preset.  You can do this by opening up Text Edit and typing a few words.  Then go to File > Print, to pretend to print.  Make sure to choose the arrow beside the Printer Name to make additional options appear beneath.  Under Orientation, it will most likely say TextEdit or Layout.  Look through the options in that dropdown for a Watermark option.  It might be under Printer Features.  Watermark will likely already be unchecked, meaning it is supposedly off.  Obviously, if you are reading this thread, you are still getting the printed word "DRAFT," even though the printer says Watermark is off.  My solution was to create a blank watermark.  Put a check mark beside the watermark option.  Where it gives you the option for watermark text, move the dropdown to choose Custom.  Then type nothing in the text box.  Then beside Presets, choose the dropdown and Save As.  Give the Preset a name.  I called mine NoWatermark.  Save/Apply if necessary.  Now, instead of choosing the "Standard" printer preset, the user chooses the "NoWatermark" preset when printing with this printer.  Once I did this, there was no "DRAFT" text printed on pages.

redcrabb
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That really did work. Thanks so much. Was someone saying that with the upgrade on imac snowleopard 10.6 it should fix this problem with the hp laserjet 400?

JL1986
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I've tried your trick to make a new preset with "custom" without anything in the window. The problem is that when I print out the page it still prints a watermark - this time with "custom"!

Is there any other way to override this?

I should add that I'm operating on MAC OS X, Windows 2011 and I've recently moved from Australia (where I purchased the software) to US if that is at all relevant.

Thanks,  

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation