Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - A910g

For several months now I can print wirelessly or scan then print wirelessly with my printer, but I cannot copy anything without getting the "Paper Mismatch error--Paper detected does not match the size or type selected. Make sure the paper size or type is correct to continue the job".

I am using only 8.5x11 plain paper for all printing. Do not understand why only the copy function gets this error. I have been having to scan then print all pages that I only want to copy.

Printer will not print Printer Status Report and then it's error message says small paper will not work. Without the report I do not know which version of firmware is being used. Printer also says no firmware updates available.  Resetting to factory status does not help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, I would suggest calling HP@8004746836 and see what options they have to repair or replace the unit. It seems the sensors are out on the printer. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm going to send you instructions to peform a reset, please check your private message inbox.

HP Recommended

Lions99, thanks for replying.  I cannot see a return/back button on the home screen, only a move to the right.   I did find the wireless radio setting and it was already set to on.  Before putting my question on the forum I went to set-up/tools/restore factory defaults but choosing to do that did not fix the problem of no copies due to wrong paper size even after going thru the setup screens.  Is there anything else I should do?  

HP Recommended

"I cannot see a return/back button on the home screen, only a move to the right."

Touch the return/back button 4 times. The buttons won't be lit up, but  will still respond to touch.

You can press the copy icon, which will light the return arrow icon up. This will give you a better perspective on where the return arrow is.

HP Recommended

I located the proper button and printer went thru full procedure  okay but I still can't copy due to paper mismatch.

HP Recommended

OK, I would suggest calling HP@8004746836 and see what options they have to repair or replace the unit. It seems the sensors are out on the printer. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help. 

HP Recommended

No problem, let me know the outcome. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I decided to try your procedure one more time before calling HP and this time it worked.  I am able to copy without the paper size problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

HP Recommended

No problem, I'm glad I could help. 

Also, thanks for the KUDOS! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.