Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 4655

When I go to printer properties I get a warning red x that says "Function address 0x3528a388 caused a protection fault. (Exception code 0xe6d3763) The application property sheet page(s) may not function propely." The reason I was going there was due to my printer only printing in Monochrome and will not let me change it to Color.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ray108,

A warm welcome to the HP community. A good day to you. I reviewed the case and will be delighted to assist you. Excellent presentation of the issue and great attempts at diagnosing it correctly. Kudos to you for that.

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
  • What is the operating system associated with the printer?
  • Did you try copying in color directly from the printer?

Let's try these steps:

Now check if it gets resolved. If it continues and if the OS is Windows try these steps:

• Make copies in color directly from the printer. If it copies correctly then run HP print and scan doctor by following directions from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861  and check if the issue gets fixed
  • If the issue continues, then try printing from multiple apps like adobe reader, MS Word etc
  • Run all the latest windows updates and install them. THen uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930...  selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should fix it for you.

If it fails to copy, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/model/77816... (HP Printers - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues)

Evaluating the print diagnostics report and identifying the faulty cartridge and replacing it should fix it as long as the printer is not faulty. Otherwise, the printer needs to be replaced.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ray108,

A warm welcome to the HP community. A good day to you. I reviewed the case and will be delighted to assist you. Excellent presentation of the issue and great attempts at diagnosing it correctly. Kudos to you for that.

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
  • What is the operating system associated with the printer?
  • Did you try copying in color directly from the printer?

Let's try these steps:

Now check if it gets resolved. If it continues and if the OS is Windows try these steps:

• Make copies in color directly from the printer. If it copies correctly then run HP print and scan doctor by following directions from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861  and check if the issue gets fixed
  • If the issue continues, then try printing from multiple apps like adobe reader, MS Word etc
  • Run all the latest windows updates and install them. THen uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930...  selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should fix it for you.

If it fails to copy, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/model/77816... (HP Printers - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues)

Evaluating the print diagnostics report and identifying the faulty cartridge and replacing it should fix it as long as the printer is not faulty. Otherwise, the printer needs to be replaced.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Acctually I kept working at it after sending the request in and opted to delete the printer and drivers from my computer and then reinstall them from HP. It took some time to do but worked fine I am now printing photos in color.

Thanks again,

Ray

HP Recommended

@ray108,

I am glad that it worked. 

Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.