Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Office Pro L7680 about 4 years old - Suddenly blue is no printing at all. Put new blue cartridge in, did not help. Diagnostics show blue not printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cherryjanet wrote:

Office Pro L7680 about 4 years old - Suddenly blue is no printing at all. Put new blue cartridge in, did not help. Diagnostics show blue not printing.

Hi, any luck after running a printhead clean?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01957673

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

We have an Officejet Pro K550 that quit printing blue while it was printing a document. Just put a new cartridge in last week. Says ink levels are fine. We also have a Photosmart Plus B210 series. It also won't print blue. Quit at the exact same time as the other printer 11-15-2011. Tried printing with different computers, but nothing works. We use Macs. I am going to try with a pc.

HP Recommended

@cherryjanet wrote:

Hi, any luck after running a printhead clean?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01957673

Ciara

HP Recommended

@ktbeatty wrote:

We have an Officejet Pro K550 that quit printing blue while it was printing a document. Just put a new cartridge in last week. Says ink levels are fine. We also have a Photosmart Plus B210 series. It also won't print blue. Quit at the exact same time as the other printer 11-15-2011. Tried printing with different computers, but nothing works. We use Macs. I am going to try with a pc.

Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Officejet Pro L7500, L7600, and L7700 All-in-One Printer Se... 

HP Officejet Pro L7500, L7600, and L7700 Series All-in-One - Replacing the Cartridges 

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Ciara

HP Recommended

I tried cleaning the printheads, aligning, calbrating color, and calibrating linefeeds. The cyan ink never prints. On the color blocks, the cyan squares do not print at all. I tried using the Photosmart Plus B210 as a copier, where you simply scan a document and print it directly without using a computer. The cyan ink still did not work. I tried two separate ink cartidges that I just purchased from the HP store online. I have always used HP ink in these printers.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  Brand new HP 7500A, right out of the box.  There is no error message, although the initial "alignment" on power up said it failed.  Display shows the cyan ink is full, I tried all of the procedures for cleaning contacts and reseating the cartridge and carriage, no dice.  The ink status report shows everything is okay, there's just no blue on the paper.

HP Recommended

Solved!  I tried cleaning the print heads, the first attempt didn't help but the second did the trick.  Quite a bit of horizontal banding in the cyan, but am hoping that improves after a bit of use.  The horizontal banding I initially had with the black seems to have resolved now.

HP Recommended

Print cartridge cleaning did not help.

HP Recommended

How bizarre!  My Officejet Pro L7680 suddenly stopped printing cyan on 11/15 (completely stopped printing-no blue at all on any of the cleaning or diagnostic printouts).  Diagnostics said there was no problem with either the print cartridge (i.e., cartridge full-and yes we have never used anything but HP cartridges) or printhead (i.e., "greenlight") and have not noted any error messages.  Multiple printhead cleanings have not solved the problem or resulted in any blue print.  Neither have aligning printheads or calibrating linefeeds.  I've changed the print cartridge with no change as well and have cleaned the printhead contacts.  I'm reluctant to change the printhead as I am not convinced it will solve the problem (I would change it if it would work) and considering the cost is $70ish and a new machine (i.e., 8500) runs about $210 to $240.  What gives here?  Seems very suspicious that several similar complaints occurred on approximately the same day?  Did a software update from HP turn the cyan cartridge off possibly? 

HP Recommended

Sorry forgot to mention I'm using a pc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.