Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Smart Ink 6001
iOS

Hi! I have the HP Smark Ink 6001 printer. I am unable to change the print size when I print from my iPhone or iPad Photo app. I also tried in safari and Lightroom. The only option is letter size. I am able to change the print size from the HP Smart app, but not other apps.  This option was available when using my other HP printers. 
thanks for any insight!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SuJoHu 

Welcome to the HP Community --

If you are referring to the HP Smart Tank 6001 All-in-One  

then

The printer lacks a full service text-input capable printer control panel.

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to check / adjust the Paper Size & Type - Tray and Paper

Next,

True - HP Smart Mobile does not include all the features supported in a Windows environment.

Not at all sure about iOS Photo apps other than HP Smart.

Do set the paper size / type ahead of time regardless of which app you are using.

Using HP Smart Mobile  -- The size of the Print tends to follow the paper size.

At least in the iPad (iPadOS) there is a "manual" resize option.

Manual Resize is Clunky to use, but it does let you change the print size on your selected paper.

Details / Examples

============================

Printer - Load Paper

Open

User Guide 

Starting on Page 22

Printer - Embedded Web Server (EWS) - Tray and Paper

Alert the printer to the paper loaded in the tray that will be used for the current job.

EWS > HP Document / How-to

Use the HP printer Embedded Web Server (EWS)

EWS – Browser – Tray and Paper Management

Open your Browser > Type / enter the Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper (Management)

Select / Adjust settings for Paper Size / Type

Model Dependent:  Advanced section

Click Apply to save changes

Reminder

HP Smart Mobile requires that paper size / type is adjusted before the content is opened to be printed.

Example - EWS - Tray and Paper

EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_All_10EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_All_10

Printer - Job Setup - HP Smart

Example - HP Smart - Mobile - iPadOS  -

Photo Print - Transform > Resize & Move > Manual Resize

HP_Smart_Mobile_Image_Print_Resize-Move_6HP_Smart_Mobile_Image_Print_Resize-Move_6

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open

HP Smart Tank 6001 All-in-One  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Okay. So there is no way to change the paper size from the print menu within the app when printing to this printer? I can to my Envy, just not this one?

Thanks for your reply and help. IMG_0384.jpeg

HP Recommended

@SuJoHu 

True -

HP Smart Mobile requires that the Paper Size & Type is adjusted before the content is opened to be printed.

True -

This printer is not the same model or type as would be an Envy Printer.

If your printer has a text-input capable printer control panel,

then

Reload the paper or Open and close the tray -- the paper size / type can be changed on the control panel.

If your printer does NOT have a text-input capable printer control panel,

then

Adjust the paper in HP Smart (Mobile) in Printing Settings > Advanced / Preferences

OR

Use your browser and EWS to adjust the Paper Size / Type.

??

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Okay! So basically for as often as I need to adjust the paper size for images it would be easier for me to just use the HP Smart app when printing to the Smart Tank 6001. Why is this different than previous HP printers? I appreciate all of your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.