Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4502 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I understand my printer is old, but there isn't anything physically wrong with it. So if HP is just...not updating their drivers/solving ridiculous printing errors just because their products are dated, well...what a disgusting environmental waste. Because right now, I want to chuck this printer out the window. I've had this problem for so long now, and I hate it. Please, just update your garbage. Please. And these forums? They aren't helping. No one can contact you directly. This is not helpful AT ALL. I've checked your forums for my issue. None of them address it to where I can actually fix my printer. This is nonsense. 

My printer worked fine FOR YEARS. Then, several years ago, I guess I got an update that ruined its ability to print on both sides of the paper by itself when printing from Word (tells me I need to flip the paper manually -um, no, why did it change?), and also, with random documents - PDFs and Google Docs and I think even Word docs, it will decide to print halfway down the page for absolutely no discernable reason. Now, if I print every single page one-sided, magically it's fine! I don't want to waste paper this way. This problem is...I'm sorry...absolutely stupid. 

Can you please create an update to fix what y'all obviously broke with the last few updates? PLEASE? I really don't want to have to uninstall absolutely everything, then reinstall it, just to find out it still won't work. And I think I actually tried to do this once already and it didn't work. So...if you can send us updates with fixes, is there a reason no one can do that now? Because also no one can afford to buy new sh** in this economy, let's be real. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @BtrCstmrSrvcPls,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your printer that does not print.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

It is entirely possible that your correct HP driver was replaced by a Microsoft IPP or Class driver which do not support auto duplexing. If that is the case, it is not HP's fault, blame Microsoft. If you still have the HP driver installed it may simply be a setting on the driver. On your computer to go control panel>devices and printers and then right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties. Click on the device settings tab on the next window and scroll down till you see an option Duplex unit and if it shows as not installed, change to installed and then try to print again.

duplex.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.