Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a HP PageWide Color MFP 586 S/N [personal information removed] and I'm trying to print from a Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.4.1

I have several issues:

1. My mac can find the printer on the network, and installs the printer, but the printing is intermittent.
    1. Sometimes it sends the job to the queue but the job is automatically canceled
    2. It has printed a few times - not sure why
  2. When I search for the driver on the HP site it says the site is "temporarily unavailable" (for the last 2 days)
  3. When I enter the S/N on the HP site it says "invalid serial number".  The serial number came from the printers internal web server site.
  4. I found one site that said they reverse engineered the driver because it wasn't supported any more.  Is this true?  Did I just buy a large paperweight because I'm using a mac?

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 2.08.13 PM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.