Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Blue light blinking all the time. WiFi connection working. NO USB connection Windows 10 64 bits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @daniel0350,

Thank you for your response, Here is the step for  the network reset:

To restore the printer to the original network settings
1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the
Dashboard, and then touch Setup .
2. Touch Network Setup.
3. Touch Restore Network Settings.
A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.
4. Touch Yes.
5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset. 

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @daniel0350,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

A blinking blue light on an HP Envy 7200 printer typically indicates that the printer is in Wi-Fi Direct mode or attempting to connect to a wireless network. Since your Wi-Fi connection is working fine, it's likely not an issue with the network connection itself. However, the constant blinking could indicate a problem with the printer's wireless settings or configuration.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Restart the Printer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

Check Wireless Settings: Make sure the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. You can usually do this by accessing the printer's control panel or settings menu.

Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP website. Updated firmware can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.

Reset Network Settings: You can try resetting the printer's network settings to default and then reconfigure the Wi-Fi connection from scratch. Look for the option to reset network settings in the printer's menu or user manual.

Reinstall Printer Drivers: Sometimes issues with printer drivers can cause connectivity problems. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers on your Windows 10 computer.

Check for Interference: Ensure that there are no devices or objects causing interference with the Wi-Fi signal to the printer. Move the printer closer to the wireless router if possible.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

The situation seems absurd:

On the printer I read :

IP address  : NOT connected

On HP Smart I read :

IP address : 192.168.223.1

Mac  : 84-69-93-d2-06-50

I am connected because I print without any problem.

I do not know how to reset Network settings. 

HP Recommended

Hi @daniel0350,

Thank you for your response, Here is the step for  the network reset:

To restore the printer to the original network settings
1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the
Dashboard, and then touch Setup .
2. Touch Network Setup.
3. Touch Restore Network Settings.
A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.
4. Touch Yes.
5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset. 

I hope this helps.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! You finally solved the problem.

Daniel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.