Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am coming back again with a recurrent error that I had hoped was fixed. 

Unfortunately, after scanning one item, the second item I was scanning gave me a B82EBA24 error.  I printed 2 items and scanned 8 items yesterday and it was fine, but today, after scanning 1, preparing to scan a second item, it gave the blue screen error again.    

I am at a complete loss and my level of frustration at this point is at an all-time high.  I cannot keep running through the removal and reinsertion of the printer cartridges over and over just to scan a few items or print a few things only for it to give another error.  This is the second HP printer to be operating perfectly fine but then start throwing error codes, leaving it useless.  (My last printer was an HP 8500 OfficeJet Pro.)

The original error was B8B38C28. 

Another error was B8B2FC28, 

Another error was 89E60250.

Another error was B8298A24. 

The current error is B82EBA24. 

What do all of these errors even mean, and is there anything I can do at this point.  I am a very loyal HP user, but I had to get this printer a few years ago because of the 8500 OfficeJet giving error codes.  I cannot keep replacing printers like this when it prints perfectly when I can keep the errors off of it!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SMAmommy,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing quite a frustrating situation with your HP Envy Photo 7858 printer, especially with the variety of error codes you've encountered. These error codes generally indicate hardware or firmware issues, which can sometimes be resolved with troubleshooting steps. Here’s how we can approach resolving this:

Reset the Printer: A full reset can sometimes clear error codes that are stuck due to temporary glitches. Turn off your printer, unplug it from the power source, wait about 60 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on.

Update Firmware: Outdated firmware can lead to issues with hardware function. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model. You can usually find these on the HP website under the support section for your printer model.

Reinstall Printer Drivers: Sometimes, driver corruption can cause issues. Reinstall the printer drivers on your computer. You can download the latest drivers from the HP support website.

Check for Hardware Issues: Since the issue recurs with different error codes, there might be a more persistent hardware issue. Check for any visible signs of damage or misalignment in the cartridge area and paper tray. Make sure all connections inside the printer are secure.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.