Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I get error code  0x6100004a. Says to turn off printer and turn back on. After doing so, it says I incorrectly turned the printer off without using the power button (which is false). It then makes noise like a cycle and then indicates there is a paper jam. After inspection there is no paper jam. Once closed back up it cycles again displaying this error message.

I have checked online and first troubleshoot selection is to do a hard restart. Which results to the same problem.  Then to clean the ink cartridges due to they may be clogged.  They are not clogged and the cartridge slider won't even slide fully to the left to remove the cartridges.

Tried to check if I need new drivers, but the driver page is confusing and keeps downloading HP smart and other printer connect programs in which I already have them all downloaded. 

Is there a fix to this?  would like to think I purchased a nicer printer that can actually last longer than a couple years.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.