Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Ink Tank Wireless 415
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning,

I bought an HP Ink Tank Wireless 415 Printer yesterday and followed all the instructions recommended. It prints perfectly but there is this faint beeping noise that the printer makes when it is turned on. When I open the front cover where the printheads are situated, the beeping noise stops. What could be the problem?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Leoni26

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Congratulations on your purchase of the new HP Ink Tank Wireless 415 printer. 

I read that the printer is setup and working fine. However, there is a faint beep noise that the printer makes when it is turned on. The beeping noise stops when you open the front cover where the print heads are situated. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue still persists then please download and update the firmware on your printer via this link: https://hp.care/2K85lS0

NOTE: The printer needs to be restarted after the firmware update is successfully installed. 

In case the printer continues to product the faint beeping noise then please get in touch with our HP phone support team to explore the available warranty options for your HP printer: https://hp.care/2uJxnug

Hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions.

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Did the steps you mentioned. The beeping did not go  I tried clicking the firmware update link but it does not work/open

HP Recommended

@ahmedhusseinami

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try connecting the Printer to another wall socket directly. 

Here is the Firmware upgrade link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, but in hp ink tank 115.

Could you give me any suggest, or the same way as the 415 type?

Thank you,

Regards ,

Cep_Ersa

HP Recommended

@Cep_Ersa

You can perform the same steps. In addition please perform the below steps as well. Do you know where the noise is coming from?

Remove, inspect, and then reseat the printheads:

The printer might display an error if the printheads are not correctly installed. Perform the following steps only for the printhead indicated by the Printhead light on the printer control panel.

1. Close the output tray extender, and then rotate the output tray left to stow it in the printer.

2. Open the exterior door, and then open the printhead access door.

3. Press and hold the Resume button  for 3 seconds.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer

4. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

5. Make sure the printhead carriage latch is closed.

• If the printhead latch is closed, continue with these steps.

• If the printhead latch is open, push down on the latch to close it, close the printhead access and exterior doors, and then turn the printer on. Try to print. If the error returns, continue with these steps.

6. Gently push down on the carriage latch.

The carriage latch opens.

Pushing down on the printhead carriage latch

7. Lightly press down on the printhead to release it, and then pull the printhead out of its slot.

Removing the printheads

8. Make sure the plugs on top of the printhead have been removed.

Remove the printhead plugs

9. Make sure the tape from the printhead contacts has been removed.

CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Do not replace the protective tape on the contacts. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Remove the tape

10. Repeat the previous steps for the other printhead, only if indicated by the printhead light and error message.

11. Slide the printhead at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently push up on the printhead until it snaps into place.

Insert the printheads

• Insert the tri-color printhead into the left slot.

• Insert the black printhead into the right slot.

12. Close the carriage latch by pushing down firmly until the latch snaps into place.

Closing the printhead latch

13. Close the printhead access door.

14. Close the exterior door.

The priming process continues.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was also annoyed by the HP Ink Tank Wireless 415 beeping every second. It immediately disappeared when I connected it to wifi and then went to the embedded web server and set up an administrator password.

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm doing all your step about this beeping problem for ink tank 115. But the printer won't stop beeping. I don't know why is still beeping. I'm doing the scanning using your application  hp scan doctor but there is no problem detected in my printer. 

Do you know what should i do then?

HP Recommended

@Dedot

Use one of these ways to open the Embedded Web Server Page of the Printer:

To open the embedded web server through a network 1. From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button ( ) and the Information button ( ) together to print the network configuration page. 2. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer from the network configuration page. NOTE: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address. 3. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer. For example, if the IP address is 192.168.0.12, type the following address into a Web browser: http:// 192.168.0.12. To open the embedded web server from the HP printer software (Windows) 1. Open the printer software. For more information, see Open the HP printer software (Windows) on page 26. 2. Click Print & Scan , and then click Printer Home Page (EWS).

Create a administrator password there.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.