Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy Photo 7858 that has been giving error codes for quite a while now.  I have contacted support and was told to unplug the power cord and plug it back in, but that fix lasted for 24 hours, then it gave a blue screen error again.  The original error was B8B38C28.  Another error was B8B2FC28,  The current error is B8298A24.  I downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor, but it gets to Device Status on both the print and scan portion and errors out, too.  Is there anything I can do???

I have posted this question before, but never received a response.  I have since ended up with a new error code of 89E60250.  I am a very loyal HP user, but I had to get this printer a few years ago because my previous printer was doing something similar with the error codes.  I cannot keep replacing printers like this when it prints perfectly when I can keep the errors off of it!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @SMAmommy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your printer that has an error code.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @SMAmommy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your printer that has an error code.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I  followed all of the steps, and just leaving it sit, it hasn't had a blue screen on the printer yet.  I will be using the printer today, so if the error is going to pop up again, it will definitely do it then.  I will update this afternoon and let you know if it solved the problem.  

HP Recommended

I just wanted to give an update.  So far, the printer is working as it should.  I have both scanned and printed and have not received any error codes.  I did, however, receive just the word "Error" on a white screen after my first attempt at a scan, but I ran the scan again, and it worked fine.  I would say that as of right now, your solution has solved the problem.  If it happens again, I will be back.  Thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi @SMAmommy,

That's great! Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. I appreciate your efforts in performing the steps to fix it and If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, after scanning one item, the second item I was scanning gave me the B82EBA24 error again.  I scanned 8 items yesterday and it was fine, but today, after scanning 1, preparing to scan a second item, it gave the blue screen error again.    

I am at a complete loss and my level of frustration at this point is at an all-time high.  What is the deal???  As I stated, this is the second printer, completely different from the previous one, to be giving me these errors.  

HP Recommended

Hi @SMAmommy ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a hardware repair.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.