Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Received an error message, and it went black.  Now HP OfficeJet 4650 printer won't power on.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @wisconsiner ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP OfficeJet 4650 printer won't power on after displaying an error message and going black, there could be several possible causes for this issue. 

May I know if any lights are blinking on the printer

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Check Power Connection: Ensure that the power cable is securely connected to both the printer and a working power outlet. Try plugging the printer into a different outlet to rule out any issues with the power source.
  • Power Cycle: Disconnect the power cable from the printer and wait for about 30 seconds. Then, reconnect the power cable and try turning on the printer again.
  • Check Power Adapter: If your printer uses an external power adapter, check to make sure it's not damaged. If possible, try using a different power adapter that matches the specifications of your printer.
  • Reset Printer: Some printers have a reset button or sequence that can help resolve issues. Check the user manual for instructions on how to perform a reset on your specific printer model.
  • Remove External Devices: Disconnect any external devices such as USB drives or memory cards from the printer and try powering it on again.
  • Inspect for Physical Damage: Carefully inspect the printer for any signs of physical damage, such as frayed cables or loose parts. If you find any damage, it may need to be repaired or replaced.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series user manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.