Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

Hello,

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 unit will no longer print or copy. I have unplugged the unit from the wall, removed and reinstalled the ink cartridges, and done a reset and the problem persists. 

A diagnostic/report page will print, but if I try to print or copy a document, the unit is completely silent, as if none of the parts inside are responding. 

This is happening when trying to print from iOS devices, Windows laptop, or Mac desktop devices. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @EvanG79 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, but let's see if we can narrow down the issue further.

• Check for Error Messages: Are there any error messages displayed on the printer's control panel or on your computer when you attempt to print?
  • Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your devices. If you're using a wired connection, check the cables and ports. If you're using a wireless connection, make sure the printer is connected to the same network as your devices.
  • Printer Queue: Check the printer queue on your computer to see if there are any pending print jobs. Sometimes, print jobs can get stuck in the queue and prevent new jobs from printing.
  • Drivers and Software: Make sure that the printer drivers and software are up-to-date on all of your devices. You can usually download the latest drivers from the HP website. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Paper Jam: Even if there are no visible paper jams, there could be a small piece of paper stuck somewhere inside the printer. Open all the access doors and check for any obstructions.
  • Reset Printer: Try resetting the printer again, but this time, leave it unplugged for at least 5-10 minutes before plugging it back in. This can sometimes help clear out any residual issues.
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you could try performing a factory reset on the printer. This will restore the printer to its default settings, but keep in mind that you'll need to set it up again from scratch.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Gaya1239 Thank you for the response. I've done all of those steps and there has been no change in the status of the printer. 

Still when I try to print or copy, there is no sound from the machine moving at all, but the screen status shows it is attempting the job. Once I cancel the job, then there will be the sound of parts inside moving. There is no error message that displays on the screen when the job fails. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.