Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

My printer has been functioning fine up until today. All of a sudden I am getting constant blue screens. Over the last couple years I would get an occasional blue screen and I would power it off and back on and it would be fine. Today I have been getting a blue screen. I reset the printer and within the hour I will look back over and its blue screened again. 

I haven't changed anything in my setup recently. What can I do to fix this? I have tried searching for that error code, but I have been unable to find any information.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Community,

I called HP tonight.  When the customer service rep indicated my printer was out of warranty, their next statement related to the purchase of new HP products.  I called them out on it right away, indicating that if that was their response, then any new product would be Epson or other.  “I am calling on an HP product that seems to have a firmware issue.  I suspect that the coding written into the firmware has an error that hopefully mistakenly, and not intentionally, decapitates our printers”.  Its very coincidental it started happening for us around the same day.  In trying to figure out the solution, I disallowed them from remotely accessing through my computer, and privacy/security and because this feels like firmware.  My computer, phone, tablet all print to it in the few hours it is back going before giving the blue screen.  HP Smart software diagnoses no issues.  Call help had me do a semi-full reset.  It’s now 3 hours after (longer than the 2 hour timeframe since power cycle when printer would show blue screen)

[content removed]

Even if the printer is “out of warranty”, HP is still providing firmware updates to it so becomes responsible for continued support to the printer and any recurring issues caused by updates.  I put it on record that HP needs to engage on this, and come up with a solution to support their product and clientele better, and fix any coding issue on their latest firmware issue that is likely at the root of this issue for us.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
HP Recommended

I am on Windows 10 but getting the exact same code.  Nothing is different. I just look over and the printer has crashed It has crashed multiple times over the last few days. Has HP pushed out a printer software upgrade?

HP Recommended

Same error here, it's connected as a network printer via ethernet, so OS isn't relevant. Same behaviour as you describe, no change on my configuration before.

HP Recommended

Exact same behavior. It happened in the past very rarely, but has been happening multiple times a day since about two days ago (?)

Printer isn't even being used. It just sits there, connected to the internet through Wifi. When I come back an hour or two later it has crashed with B82F6174

HP Recommended

I just started getting the same blue screen.   Has anyone found a solution?

HP Recommended

Exact same error. My printer has been functioning fine up until two days ago. All of a sudden I am getting constant blue screens. Yesterday I've got a blue screen error B82C4A52 and today B82F6174.

I can't find any information to fix it, thus I just keep restarting the printer.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue as well. This must be something on HP server side cause it’s strange for so many people to happen at the same time.

HP Recommended

I'm getting this code on my 7740 as well today. Printer works fine if I restart

HP Recommended

I also have experienced same problem, I have occassional had a blue screen come up, i restart the printer and blue screen always comes back.

HP Recommended

Same problem here, it happens multiple times a day. Printer is rendered useless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.