Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 4729
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello all,

I forgot my admin password for embedded webserver and don't see any instructions how to do reset to factory defaults or reset admin password. I need to reconfigure my printer's internet connection and just couldn't do this.

I see this option in the Web interface but it asks me admin's password too.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Lartem,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you have forgotten the admin password for the Embedded Web Server. You are not able to access your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage Ultra 4729. You would like to reconfigure the wireless connection.

I would like you to go ahead and get started with the steps listed below:

1. Turn on the printer

2. If the wireless light is blinking, skip to the next step to install the software.

3. On the printer, press and hold the power button.

4. While pressing down the power button, press the Start Copy Black button two times, and then press the Cancel button three times.

4. Release the power button.

6. The wireless light next to the wireless button should blink.

Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.This will reset the wireless settings.  *Source

You should now be able to access the EWS. If you are still having problems, follow the steps in the above document. I hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".
HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello @HevnLgh, 

unfortunately it is not working.

I've pressed Start Copy Black x2 and Cancel x3 times while the power button was pressed, the wireless light starts blinking, but EWS is still asking me admin's password when I'm trying to access Wireless Setup in the Web Interface.

HP Recommended

Hi @Lartem,

I appreciate you getting back to me. Have you tried leaving the password blank in the EWS? 

Restoring the network defaults should allow you to access the EWS without the admin login and password.

If you are still unable to access the EWS and update the wireless setup, I suggest you contact our technical support at http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This guy really knows how to do it. I reseted the whole thing and it works again!!! Thanks, bro!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.