Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart c5180
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi. I have a problem with a printer c5180. After 12 years, i can’t allign the printhead.

I have tried to do in the function of the application, but it not work.

I have a mac os 10.13 high sierra sistem. 
sorry for my english 

regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Andrews73,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to align the printer.

Try the below suggestions -

Perform an alignment

Align the printheads or cartridges in your printer when you replace them, to improve print quality, or to clear an alignment error.

Load plain white paper in the input tray.

Adjust the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.

Print an alignment page.

Control panel (printers with touchscreens): Open the Tools or Printer Maintenance menu, and then select the option to Align cartridges, Align printhead, or Print an Alignment Page.

HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, iOS): In the app, click your printer, click Print Quality Tools, and then select the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

HP Printer Assistant (Windows): Click Maintain Your Printer, and then select the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

HP Utility (Mac): Click the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

If your printer has a scanner, follow the directions on the alignment page to scan it and complete the alignment.

Reset the printer

Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the power source.

Wait 60 seconds.

Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

Note:

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

Check ink levels and replace low or empty cartridges

Low ink levels can result in poor print quality or errors. HP recommends having replacement ink on hand when cartridges are low.

Check ink levels.

From the printer control panel: Look for an ink drop, a cartridge icon, or an Ink Levels menu.

From the HP Smart app: Open the HP Smart app. Estimated ink levels display on the Home screen.

From the printer software: Open the printer software, and then click the Supplies or Ink Levels option.

Ink Tank, Smart Tank, DeskJet GT printers: Look at the ink tank windows on the printer. Most printers with ink tanks have a minimum fill line.

If any of the cartridges or tanks are low on ink, or if you see a Low ink message, replace the low cartridge or refill the empty tank.

Clean the printheads or cartridges

Use a printhead or cartridge cleaning tool in the printer software or on the control panel to resolve errors and improve print quality.

Use this cleaning tool when you see streaks, smudges, or colored or white lines on printed pages.

Control panel (printers with touchscreens only): From the Settings, Setup, or Tools menu, look for an option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, iOS): In the app, click your printer, click Print Quality Tools, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

HP Printer Assistant (Windows): Click Maintain Your Printer, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

HP Utility (Mac): Click the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

After the cleaning, evaluate the page that prints. You might need to clean the printheads or cartridges more than once.

You may refer to -Alignment errors

If the error persists,

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.