Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8620/A7F65A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have forgotten my admin password.  I have already tried the first solution and it did not work.  Can you please pm me the next step to fix this issue.  

Thank you,

monikajolene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Please flow the down step

1. Power on the printer
  2. Printer in reedy mood (no error in printer display)
  3. Press back button 4time >support menu >resets menu> semi-full-reset

I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the "Thumbs up" button!

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,

soZi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned below and see if this helps you

Go to Setup Menu>Tools>Restore Factory Defaults.

Thanks

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended
No it doesn’t help because it is asking for my username and password. My daughter performed the initial setup of this printer and she has somehow forgotten both, as I have mentioned above. I need to bypass this step in order to proceed with the factory default reset.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following steps,

Setup>Network Setup>Restore Network Defaults.

Also does it asks for user name and password when you press Setup.

Thanks

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Hi

Please flow the down step

1. Power on the printer
  2. Printer in reedy mood (no error in printer display)
  3. Press back button 4time >support menu >resets menu> semi-full-reset

I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the "Thumbs up" button!

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,

soZi

HP Recommended

Awesome it effen wkd! 

HP Recommended

When I am on the home screen after powering up there is no "back 4 times" -- So I am unable to perform these instructions: "

1. Press back button 4time >support menu >resets menu> semi-full-reset"

Am I misunderstanding these instructions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

The back button is invisible (aka not lit up). If you press in the spot where the back button was previously lit up, and you press it 4 times (mine only made the clicky sound once), then it will pull up the hidden menu. Then you can semi-full-reset. Mine then asked me to install a thingy that I didn't have so I skipped that menu and it seems to be printing now. If I can get the Network setup and the settings restored then this post (above) will be the only useful one I've found so far! (it worked!)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.