Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw

I have a HP Color LasetJet Pro M252 PCL Printer.  It is working in a very erratic manner.  It prints Test Pages.  But it does not print Computer Files.  It gets into an Error State when it tries to do so.  I once was able to go to a directory on my computer, delete some files, and get the printer working again.  Unfortunately, I did not record the directory

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ClementMcCalla,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the printer in an error state. 

Let's perform an NVRAM reset to restore the printer back to its original settings and see if that works. 

The reset instructions are specific to your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instructions to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I used HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve the problem.  Although I did not follow the explicit instructions of the HP expert, the nature of the problem called for a reset of some form.  This was evident to me, as when the HP Print and Scan Doctor finished, I had to reset my WIFI login and password.

I should have used the HP Print and Scan Doctor from the start.  I will try to remember to do so the next time.

The HP Color LasetJet is getting on in years, as it was manufactured in 2015, almost 10 years ago.

But it works fine - when it works.  Because of my financial limitations, I want to defer buying a replacement for as long as possible.

Thanks for your assistance.

Clement McCalla

HP Recommended

Hi @ClementMcCalla ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue persists even after attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.