Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The link on the HPInstant Ink site help page that allows you to order a Cartridge Recycling Envlope is broken. It takes you to a page that says 404 file or resource not found or was moved. It appears the only way you can get the address to ship your ink cartridge back to is to get one of the return evelopes, becuase I can't find the return address anywhere. So, the link to order an evenlope is broken and I can't find the address to mail back my depleted cartridge. I know the site says I can also "wait until my next ink delivery", but it literally will likely be a full year or more before I get another ink cartrige (I just don't print often enough). It's also frustrating to me that there is no one I can report the broken link to (or at least after 45 minutes of searching, I haven't found any way to let them know this becuase it keeps directing me back to the community pages). So I'm posting here to see if someone can help me.  I need one of the following:

- A valid link to order a new Cartridge Recycling Envelope

- OR an address where I can ship the expired cartridge

- OR a way to report to HP that the link on the Instant Ink Help page that allows you to reorder Cartridge Recycling Envelopes is broken.

Any help anyone could offer with anyone of these things would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@yardrocDC 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I've submitted to have the link fixed.

In the meantime, I found the below info on the the HP website so you can contact them to get an envelope to return the cartridge or wait for the link to be fixed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

JillSa

Please contact the HP Planet Partners call center at 1-800-340-2445 to order free recycling boxes or envelopes. Help is available Monday through Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm Eastern (closed on major U.S. holidays).

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@yardrocDC,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

1. Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

2. On your HP Instant Ink account page, click Order a Cartridge Recycling Envelope in the Help Center area.

You may follow the steps suggested from this support document - Recycling HP Instant Ink Cartridges

For some reason, if you're facing any issues, I would suggest you try a different web browser and check if that helps. 

If nothing works, please provide us with the instant ink account details and I shall do the needful.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@yardrocDC 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I've submitted to have the link fixed.

In the meantime, I found the below info on the the HP website so you can contact them to get an envelope to return the cartridge or wait for the link to be fixed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

JillSa

Please contact the HP Planet Partners call center at 1-800-340-2445 to order free recycling boxes or envelopes. Help is available Monday through Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm Eastern (closed on major U.S. holidays).

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.