Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6978

Am trying to print multiples of 4x6 cards on my HP Officejet 6978 but can print only one at time.  In the past I have had no problem  printing many of this size card at the same time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nana240,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating when your printer isn't working as expected. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue with your HP Officejet 6978 when it comes to printing multiple copies of 4x6 cards:

Check Printer Settings: Ensure that your printer settings are correctly set for printing multiple copies. Sometimes, settings may reset or change unexpectedly.

Update Printer Drivers: Make sure that your printer drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause issues with printing. You can download the latest drivers from the HP website.

Printer Software: Sometimes the problem might be with the software you are using to send prints to the printer. Make sure that the software (like Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, etc.) is up to date and correctly configured to print multiple copies.

Paper Size and Type: Confirm that the paper size and type in the printer settings match the 4x6 cards you are using. Incorrect settings can lead to printing errors.

Printer Queue: Check the printer queue to ensure there are no stuck jobs that might be causing the printer to fail in printing multiple items. You can view this by going to the 'Devices and Printers' panel in Windows, right-clicking on your printer, and selecting 'See what's printing'.

Restart Everything: Sometimes a simple restart of both your computer and printer can resolve the issue. Turn off both devices completely, then turn them back on after a few minutes.

Check for Errors: Look at the printer’s display for any error messages or warning lights that might indicate a hardware issue.

Printer Preferences: Go into the printer preferences via your computer's control panel and check if there's an option that might be limiting the number of copies.

Test Other Documents: Try printing multiple copies of a different document or from a different application to determine if the issue is specific to the document or the application.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.