Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3831 All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Hello. A week after suspending the instant ink plan, my HP OfficeJet 3831 All-in-One Printer died without warning. Unable to repair it, and unable to get it to turn on at all, I recycled it and bought a new printer from a different brand. Now I'm stuck with an account where you're still charging me money for ink cartridges for a printer I no longer own, but I cannot delete the printer from your website because it says I'm still on an ink plan. This is turning into a kafkaesque bureaucratic maze.

PLEASE: just help me to delete my account and printer off your website. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @to-32476283746,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are being charged for a printer which is no longer being used.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble you are going through.

You will have to cancel the instant ink service on the printer to stop ther service.

Please follow the below steps to cancel the service.

If you are no longer using the printer, you will have to cancel the service:

• You can continue printing with Instant Ink supplies until the end of your current billing cycle.
  • At the end of the billing cycle, you must remove Instant Ink cartridges and purchase Original HP Ink or Toner directly from the retailer of your choice to continue printing. Instant Ink cartridges only work in enrolled printers.
  • Your final monthly charge comes at the end of the billing cycle.
  • The Paper Add-on service ends with your Instant Ink service.

Note: HP Instant Ink is based on the pages you print, not cartridges or shipments you receive.

To cancel:

1) Sign into your account Instant Ink account

2) Verify the serial number by selecting Overview, and then Printer Details in the Status area.

3) Click HP Instant Ink, then Update Plan in the left menu.

4) Scroll to Plan Details.

5) Click Cancel my HP Instant Ink Subscription and then follow the prompts.

You receive an email confirmation immediately, and another at the end of the billing cycle.

Refer to this video link for more information related to the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Observation: the original post states that you suspended your instant ink. That is not the same as cancelling and would prevent you from deleting anything because a suspended subscription would still be classified as active. If you have not already, you need to unsuspend and then cancel the subscription and then you should be able to remove the printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.