Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently enrolled in the HP Instant Ink program and received email that my first ink shipment is on the way. But I'm only receiving a black cartridge because there is no tri-color cartridge in the printer. The printer was given to me with the tri-color cartridge missing. How can I let HP Instant Ink know that I don't have a cartridge to install for them to read a level and the level is zero and I need one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Daddymack1

The cartridge error will show up if there are no cartridges inserted and it overwrites the message about a shipment.

The only way I can 100% be sure ink shipped is if you want to provide me your emaiil in a private message and I can look up your account to make sure.  You should be getting a tracking number in the next 2-3 days also so keep checking back on your account page.  The account page will provide most information you need.

I'll send you a private message you can reply to if you want me to check and this will keep your email from the public forum.

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Daddymack1,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having concern with your HP Instant ink cartridges. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

As this is to do with Instant ink program, I would need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you with this issue.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Daddymack1

Hi, if you just enrolled in Instant Ink then they will send you a full set of Instant Ink cartridges (not just black) in a Welcome Kit with some material explaining more about the program.

It wouldn't matter if you had ink in the printer for the first shipment of ink, however, it does make a difference for any subsequent shipments of ink as it will be able to determine if the Instant Ink cartridges being sent are running low and if no ink is in the printer it won't be able to detect ink levels.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Here is screenshot of my first welcome kit order that is coming. Makes me think I'm not getting the tri-color.z.PNG

HP Recommended

Hey there! @Daddymack1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are out of colour ink and you are in need of the replacement ink cartridges.

Is your printer connected to the internet all the time?

Have you registered in the instant ink services?

Also, I understand your concern and situation you are into. So don't worry I'll try to help you out.

If the printer is not connected to the internet all the time the ink status won't get updated and you will have a delay in the ink shipment.

If you have not received the replacement ink cartridges yet. Please share out few details in a private message, so I can check your account details and initiate an order to ship you the replacement ink

cartridges.

Printer Model Name

Serial Number of the printer

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Address to ship the cartridge

Do you need black or colour ink cartridges?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Daddymack1

The cartridge error will show up if there are no cartridges inserted and it overwrites the message about a shipment.

The only way I can 100% be sure ink shipped is if you want to provide me your emaiil in a private message and I can look up your account to make sure.  You should be getting a tracking number in the next 2-3 days also so keep checking back on your account page.  The account page will provide most information you need.

I'll send you a private message you can reply to if you want me to check and this will keep your email from the public forum.

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.