Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 All-in-One Printer

There are no longer any printer apps at the display. I try to update. But there is a error message "error to update the printer apps. Please try again later".
Printer is online. Print, scan possible
Firmware WEBPDLPP1N001.2403A.00
Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Schotterpiste,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're encountering an issue with updating the printer apps on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730. 

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve software glitches. Turn off the printer, wait for a few minutes, and then turn it back on.
  • Check Internet Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to the internet and has a stable connection. You can do this by printing a network configuration page from the printer's control panel.
  • Update Firmware Manually: If the automatic update is not working, you can try manually updating the printer's firmware. Visit the HP support website, enter your printer model, and download the latest firmware update. Follow the instructions provided to install the update. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer: As a last resort, you can try resetting the printer to its factory settings. Keep in mind that this will erase any custom settings you have configured on the printer. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 All-in-One Printer series user manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,
Restart the Printer:  done several times
Update Firmware Manually: auto-installed  WEBPDLPP1N001.2403A.00 - there is just older firmware available @support webpage
Reset Printer:  I would like to avoid that

Check Internet Connection: Printer is connectet to LAN via ethernet. I also tried WiFi. Both with the same issue. It's possible to send hpeprint-mail. Printer will print that. But: if I ask the printer to show me my mail address at the display - nothing happened. Looks like printer won't communicate to the internet - but config site tells me "connected to the internet
There are no rules or filters to block internet communication

HP Recommended

Hi @Schotterpiste,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,
this does not work. I called the number. But the answering machine advised me to go to hp.com/anruf. And this page is the "normal" support homepage with my profile. Do I really have to pay for this support? I know, the device is out of warranty. But the was a very expensive printer. So I hope someone can help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.