Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5232
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer until yesterday was fine. Now it takes about 1 hour to print a simple text page. If I turn off the wi-fi and I try to make a black and white photocopy still it takes 1 hour.  Scanner works fine

I think something is broken
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @Simone_13 

Please try isolating the ink cartridges, a cartridge problem might cause such behavior.

Open the cartridge access door, remove the Tri-Color cartridge and close its cover, then close the door and try printing using the black cartridge only.

Remove the black cartridge and reinstall the Tri-Color, close the door and try printing with the tri-color only.

May you see the printer speed improved with any specific one of the cartridges removed?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Does it happens when printing or when copying from the printer front panel?

Please open and close the paper tray and evaluate the shown prompt, does it say “Did you load Plain Paper, A4” or any other prompt?

HP Recommended

It happens every time I ask to print anything: whether printing or coping, whether from the front panel or via pc.
If I open and close the paper tray in the display reads: <Plain Paper, A4. To change size or type, touch "modify". To accept, touch "OK">

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @Simone_13 

Please try isolating the ink cartridges, a cartridge problem might cause such behavior.

Open the cartridge access door, remove the Tri-Color cartridge and close its cover, then close the door and try printing using the black cartridge only.

Remove the black cartridge and reinstall the Tri-Color, close the door and try printing with the tri-color only.

May you see the printer speed improved with any specific one of the cartridges removed?

HP Recommended

Great! It was the color cartridge. Thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.