Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M283fdw

Every time i print / copy, my printer makes a weird noise as if there is something wrong with a wheel mechanism. it screeches every time it turns.

how do i fix this problem - what is the cause of this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @CHARNE26LCG,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue with the printer's roller mechanism. Here are some steps you can take to try to fix the problem.

• Check for Obstructions: Turn off the printer and open any accessible panels or covers to inspect the roller mechanism. Look for any debris, paper fragments, or foreign objects that may be causing the noise or obstructing the rollers.
  • Clean the Rollers: Use a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water to clean the rollers. Gently wipe away any dust, dirt, or residue that may have accumulated on the rollers. Ensure that the rollers are completely dry before closing the panels and turning the printer back on.
  • Inspect for Damage: Carefully examine the rollers for any signs of damage such as tears, cracks, or wear. If you notice any damage, you may need to replace the affected rollers.
  • Check for Loose Parts: Make sure that all parts of the printer, including trays, doors, and panels, are securely closed and fastened. Loose or improperly secured parts can sometimes cause unusual noises during printing.
  • Update Firmware: Occasionally, firmware updates released by HP can address performance issues and bugs. Check the HP website for any available firmware updates for your printer model and follow the instructions to install them.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the source of the strange noise coming from your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.