Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 color MFP M775 series
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Printer: HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 color MFP M775 series

Operating System: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Error: 'Filter' Failed

Can print from MS Word

Can not print from Chrome or Adobe Acrobat.

Hello,

Our laser printer is no longer printing from our Macbook. It prints from the PC laptop. I am receiving an error message saying 'filter' failed. Details listed above.

It was previously working fine. Very slow, so my husband suggested that I update the drivers. I downloaded them from the HP support site, and since then it has not printed at all, except for a page from MS Word.

I have trawled the support forums, and tried most of the suggestions. Deleting the driver, deleting HP Easy Admin, deleting HP Utility, downloading firmware, downloading suggested certificates, etc. Nothing has helped.

My next step is to reformat the hardrive, but I would rather avoid that if there is a simple solution.

Thank you,

Alissa

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.